Discussion What "drones" do you own?

Alwil

Phantom 2 Vision, DJI F450, DJI 550, Tarot 810. The 810 is my workhorse used for
photo and video purposes. Very dependable and smooth.

My main multirotor is a Tarot 680 with a DJI Naza M V-2 and a go pro hero 3 black and a Zenmuse gimbal. I also have a Tarot 960 that is awaiting a gimbal, it will carry a Sony Nex 7. I have a F450 that I haven't flown in a long time and a mini quad racer that I built but I'm not really into the whole mini quad thing so I haven't flown it in a long time either. I built all of these myself from kits. Building is my favorite part, Thinking about building an F550. "wife rolls eyes and shakes head"

OldGazer

I don't have any "drones." I have several multi rotor aircraft, from toy grades all the way to a full blown hexacopter AP platform.

My best aircraft is one I haven't flown yet and my favorite is the aircraft I'm flying.

Aerodog

This is getting out of hand. DJI 450,550, Solo 3DR's, Phantom 3 and 3+, Inspire on order ( Nov ), 2 racers, 2 micro's , 2 simulators,
FPV wing, two foam electrics w/ go pro mount, and oh yeah a full size Long EZ with 3 cameras (see photo inset) In autopilot, that counts as a drone cause I'm not flying.

maxx4wd

A lot....the ones I actually fly....
AP Rigs: DJI S900 w/ GH4 (dual operator only), Inspire pro x5r , Phantom 2, 3DR Solo
Mapping Rigs: Custom fixed wing, Pelican (fixed wing), Inspire x3, couple waterproof quads, and the small guys from above
Fun: Loving the 4s Neato 180 set to full stupid, qav250 (still hanging on), pd130, tinywhoop (or 3), searching for my next 220 size right now
Retired:....I can't recall all the custom built ones - most flew for a bit - some I still have (F450, Tarot, and other stuff I can't recall)
yes I'm in therapy but it isn't helping...just end up building some for the therapist so we can fly during that hour (or two)....LOL

OldGazer

I gave up on the meds, made me too loopy to ride or fly. I have a ' 99 Honda Goldwing GL-1500 SE for frequently needed wind therapy sessions 'cause you never see a motorcycle parked outside of a shrink's office....

BTW, do helis count? I have two 450 FBLs, one has a penta-head and a custom DIY 4 blade tail rotor...

Stu

tarot 650 sport,2x 250 quads, realacc 210,crashtesthobby piñata wing,superfly foam delta wing.

Attachments

• DSCN2334.JPG
    DSCN2334.JPG
    164.9 KB · Views: 287

OldGazer

Vintage Helis.jpg

Helis should count...as you actually need skill to just hover one

Roger that. I started flying nitro helicopters back in 1990, and back then we didn't have autopilots or any from of electronic stabilization.
All of the cyclic mixing was mechanical. The only "help" we had was a mechanical gyro (spinning mass).

Attachments

• Vintage Helis.jpg
    Vintage Helis.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 2,380

maxx4wd

View attachment 28008
Roger that. I started flying nitro helicopters back in 1990, and back then we didn't have autopilots or any from of electronic stabilization.
All of the cyclic mixing was mechanical. The only "help" we had was a mechanical gyro (spinning mass).

Nice...I tried the heli thing in the late 90's but didn't have the patients for it...but now I can make a large scale 3d plane hover...(still easier then a heli hover I have a feeling) :D

MadMonkey

Bane of G10
I used to fly helicopters but it never really clicked with me, I lost interest. I fly mostly fixed wing.

I have a Tarot FY650, Phantom 2 Vision+, F450, Blackout, a couple of micros... that's actually it right now not counting the work birds which I fly but don't belong to me.

Hoping to add an Inspire and P4 to my list.

Last edited:

DroneTalk

R/C Expert
Staff member
I started flying helicopters in the 80 and to day mostly fly giant scale prop and turbine as well as helis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RENOV8R

Started with a Tarot 650 Sport a year ago, then a TBS Disc this winter to keep me occupied and now a mini to change things up. SpaceOne FPV F220X
220x.JPG

Attachments

• 220x.JPG
    220x.JPG
    136 KB · Views: 1,955