What battery for Tarot 2 axis gimbal?

ash

Hi all. I finally got my Tarot gimbal working yesterday. Having tried several times to get it working on a bench power supply with absolutely nothing happening, I finally realised that it has to be absolutely still when turning it on, otherwise it won't initialise! I did feel silly.
Anyway, I tried it out yesterday and got some rock steady video on my DJI 450, just using a 9V PP3 battery.
Any recommendations as to what rechargeable battery I should use with it. It draws about 40mA at 9V.
Thanks
Andrew

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
You could just run a tap off the PDB to use power from your flight battery since you're using 3S, but based on your other post, this may adversely effect your flight time a bit.

These gimbals will run fine off 12v, and there are many small 3S batteries that could be added if you want a dedicated power source. Of course, even a small battery will again effect the flight time due to additional weight.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Sorry, PDB=power distribution board. You can solder a connecter and leads to the PDB that fits your new battery connector.