WattZilla Iftron’s most powerful and advanced 5.8GHz video transmitter - ever!

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
I want you to know that today, Iftron is announcing a very hot new product: WattZilla!
WattZilla is our most powerful and advanced 5.8GHz video transmitter - ever!

S3k1MRZmje7byJ1B-C2JWVvUYTuWd7TqnUUq4zhA_UJdJsEKZB9tocOekJH1m-vJhRVIinaK_ohdOC5adcqvEBB6RS-EuTTDPl7rTYolS-Rl0j29R-i5_ZdEemjfpYaBRA

Here is a quick list of impressive features:

• 2.5W of Iftron’s legendary wideband video power

• 32 of the world’s most popular channels. (No worries. We blocked the illegal ones)

• Plug & Play with input connectors for both DJI and Iftron

• Up to 25V (6S) input voltage. Runs from 3S to 6S

• Extremely lightweight. Only 30g

• Extremely small. 42 x 32 x 22 mm

• Exclusive ultra-low power mode during freq change and setup

• Fan stopped alarm

• 1W version available (consult factory)

Retail Price: $249.95

Pics and info to come soon!

For more info: http://www.iftrontech.com

Last edited by a moderator:

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
Totally illegal in Europe for airborne use not that that will stop many.

Gary Seven

Rocketman
You know something @Carapau, I'm a natural rule breaker and definitely don't get along with "authority." Having said that, I can't possibly see the reason someone would rig up something like this unless they are (1) completely clueless about radio wave technology and fundamentals or (2), are suffering from a sort of "pen*s envy": You know, mine's bigger than yours??

I just don't get it.

eskil23

Wikipedia Photographer

Actually no. PTSFS 2012:3 section 135 says:
5.795-5.815 GHz: Radio transmitter for vehicle telemetry. Max power: 2 Watt e.i.r.p. Channel separation: 5 MHz.

PTSFS 2012:3 regulates exceptions from license. For "unspecified purposes" the limit for the same band is 25 mW.

matwelli

we had a 1.5 watt transmitter at our FPV meet last saturday - it wiped out a few channels on each side......... not very friendly for fellow fliers

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
Well it's certainly illegal in the UK. You cant have anything over 25mw if being used in the air which I thought was an EU standard but maybe its just our pesky Ofcom

Gary Seven

Rocketman
Well it's certainly illegal in the UK. You cant have anything over 25mw if being used in the air which I thought was an EU standard but maybe its just our pesky Ofcom
I haven't gotten around to checking the Regs. here in Spain. Maybe they're the same all through the EU? Really, 25mW seems quite unreasonable IMHO.

iflyelectric

we had a 1.5 watt transmitter at our FPV meet last saturday - it wiped out a few channels on each side......... not very friendly for fellow fliers
Hi everyone. I am a member and a lurker but usually don't post. I also have some professional experience with RF stuff so I thought I would offer this. As far as the high power transmitter affecting receivers on adjacent channels goes, I would suspect that transmitter of having spurious emissions due to a poor design rather than too much power. JMHO

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Hi everyone. I am a member and a lurker but usually don't post. I also have some professional experience with RF stuff so I thought I would offer this. As far as the high power transmitter affecting receivers on adjacent channels goes, I would suspect that transmitter of having spurious emissions due to a poor design rather than too much power. JMHO

ok, thanks for the info, but just so we keep everything in order, you're not talking about an Iftron 2.5W unit which is the subject of the original post.

:)

eskil23

Wikipedia Photographer
ok, thanks for the info, but just so we keep everything in order, you're not talking about an Iftron 2.5W unit which is the subject of the original post.
I think he refers to the 1.5 W transmitter that matwelli mentioned in the quoted post.

It all comes down to the "Q factor". A transmitter that wipes out neighbouring channels have a too low Q factor and does not utilize the power pumped into it efficiently (the power required to jam sidechannels is power not used for the main channel). That's why channel separation is specified the the Swedish regulation I mentioned. If your gear don't keep within your 5 MHz channel, then it's illegal even if you keep below 2 W.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
I think he refers to the 1.5 W transmitter that matwelli mentioned in the quoted post.

that's right but since the thread is originally about the Iftron transmitter I wanted to make sure there wasn't any misunderstanding for others reading through the posts.

Bart

iflyelectric

that's right but since the thread is originally about the Iftron transmitter I wanted to make sure there wasn't any misunderstanding for others reading through the posts.

Bart
No. Not at all. I am commenting on matwelli's post about a high power transmitter effecting receivers on adjacent channels.