Jacob MacDonald

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and to drones completely. I'm looking to purchase my very first drone. I don't want to spend a fortune, I'm thinking no more than $70 CAD at the most. I'd like the drone to have a good camera, considering the price, it has to have FPV functions (doesn't need to be VR). I'd like it to have a really good range with a flight time of 7 minutes or more. Altitude hold is a must. Lastly I'd like it to be small enough to fly indoors, but big enough to hold its own in the wind. After doing my research I'm thinking that the Eachine E58 would be my best bet, I'd get it with the 2mp camera and two batteries option.
https://m.banggood.com/Eachine-E58-...ldable-RC-Drone-Quadcopter-RTF-p-1212232.html

Is the Eachine E58 a good choice for me, or is there something better?

Thanks in advance

Trevcharl

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and to drones completely. I'm looking to purchase my very first drone. I don't want to spend a fortune, I'm thinking no more than $70 CAD at the most. I'd like the drone to have a good camera, considering the price, it has to have FPV functions (doesn't need to be VR). I'd like it to have a really good range with a flight time of 7 minutes or more. Altitude hold is a must. Lastly I'd like it to be small enough to fly indoors, but big enough to hold its own in the wind. After doing my research I'm thinking that the Eachine E58 would be my best bet, I'd get it with the 2mp camera and two batteries option.
https://m.banggood.com/Eachine-E58-...ldable-RC-Drone-Quadcopter-RTF-p-1212232.html

In the recommended courses, they say it is better to learn to fly with a cheaper model quadcopter. I see your unit does not have GPS, so it will not have a return function. My Aosema has all that, and it helps, when the copter gets out of sight and you dont know which way it is facing. With the FPV you can rotate until you have your bearings. After you get tired of that one, you will want to build your own.....lol I made a mistake of not doing preflight checks....just use a screwdriver and check that all the screws on the motors are tight....I didnt and a motor came off, breaking a wire. Not too much trouble to fix but it took me a long time to find the screws and the cover that camme off too!
Thanks in advance

Everything Tech

Hi,

Thanks in advance

Hello Jacob,
If your completely new to drones altogether I would recommend the Hubsan X4 H107C. Yes it is small and has trouble against strong winds I know. I reviewed it. But a little advice in advance, don't expect a quality camera that comes with the drone under $70. I too have spent time researching probably close to 2 years. (not constant but over that period) and looking for a quality outdoor drone with a great camera under $100 is impossible. Again in my opinion, I think it makes more sense to start off with a drone that you know is mediocre but at the same time simplistic. With the idea that you might crash it but it would be a learning experience. However if you are set on the Eachine than I would say it would be a great buy however don't expect the camera to live up to the hype. If that's your primary purpose I would look for a drone in the $40-50 price range than buy a knock off gopro camera on Amazon and rig it onto a drone. There are plenty of videos on youtube showing just how to do so. Anyways best of luck!

Review on Hubsan X4 H107C

James Davis

You could also consider the Ryze Tello? Has a 12-minute flight time and a camera, however due to the fact that it is flown via a wi-fi connection the range is only 100m. I recently did a review of it here, i think it's a pretty decent drone and had good fun with it. However it's over your budget as it goes for $99 USD.

Another option is the UDI U818A HD, although again slightly over your budget. It has a flight time of 8-12 minutes, 720p camera and a range of 50m-100m.

Hope you find a decent drone!