Want to contribute and make a little cash as well??

Tahoe Ed

Share Your Knowledge, Earn DJI Credit

DJI is offering a unique opportunity to our most knowledgeable and helpful fans. This is your chance to share your expertise with the community and help educate pilots around the world.

Simply write an article that would be suitable for the DJI Wiki (http://wiki.dji.com/en/), and if we accept it, you will get $30 USD of DJI Credit.

Some sample topics are listed below. Pick a topic, write your article, then send it to wiki@dji.com to submit.

Or if you have ideas on a topic not listed here, simply send your idea to the e-mail above, and we’ll let you know if it’s ok to go ahead with it.

All submissions must be received by Tuesday, January 27, 2015.

Possible DJI Wiki Topics:

Flight Controllers

Best gain settings for different payloads

Intro to different remotes for A2

Intro to different remotes for WKM

Best controller/channel setups for different situations

Troubleshooting tips

Maintenance and care

Spreading Wings

Minimizing vibrations with various setups

Octo vs. Hexa

Troubleshooting tips

Maintenance and care

Inspire 1

1080 vs 4K

Filmmaking tips

Troubleshooting tips

Maintenance and care

Phantom 2 Vision+

Aerial photography tips

Photo editing tips

Video editing tips

When to recalibrate the IMU

Flying safe

Troubleshooting tips

Maintenance and care

Ronin

SmoothTrack settings for different kinds of shoots

Unique shots that the Ronin makes easy

Troubleshooting tips

Maintenance and care

Zenmuse

Why are there different gimbals for different cameras?

Troubleshooting tips

Maintenance and care

RULES

1. Submissions must be received in Word (.doc or .docx) format with the file name containing the author’s name and topic.

2. Submissions must be received on or before the date specified above.

3. Only submissions on the topics provided will be accepted. Each document must only contain one topic.

4. If you desire to write articles beyond appointed topics scope, you should get our approval first. Approval will be given in the order topics are received. And the participant who first submits a new topic will have the chance to write the article accordingly.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

http://event.dji.com/terms/wiki

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
with all due respect Ed, $30 of DJI credit for pro grade articles, especially on pro-level topics is ridiculous. i'm usually pretty understanding when it comes to this stuff but $30 for an article should be an insult to anyone.

eskil23

Wikipedia Photographer
People who write for Wikipedia gets nothing, and there is some really pro-level things on different topics there too. Just saying...

Bartman

People who write for Wikipedia gets nothing, and there is some really pro-level things on different topics there too. Just saying...
wikipedia is a whole different animal from a for-profit corporation

Bartman

I'd rather go to jury duty than help DJI spread it's sky fungus to all the virgin hands around the world.

yuri,

i understand how you feel but keep this in mind, of all the chinese manufacturers DJI is the only one that is even close to functioning like a normal company. as bad as they are at times, they're doing much better than all of the other chinese manufacturers combined. XAircraft has a great flight controller but the standalone flight control is a very limited market (as Hoverfly found out) and companies like ZeroUAV can't even get a distribution deal going.

then there are the manufacturers like Yuneec and Hubsan that have been working hand in hand with big distributors, they're starting to compete with the Phantom and Inspire but they're late to the party and have yet to shake their "toy" standing or show their equipment has the advanced capabilities that DJI includes. DJI's stuff doesn't always work and we continue to see oddness that shouldn't be happening but I keep going back to the aerial footage used by the Discovery show "Gold Rush" about a year and a half ago when it became obvious DJI had figured out most of what we needed in a heli/gimbal and when the whole aerial video market was suddenly blown wide open.

so, as for DJI offering $30 for an article, i still think it's an insult to intelligent people but from where i'm sitting, asking manufacturers around the world about their products and seeing their development vs DJI, DJI is doing pretty damn well for a lot of people. if they can just get the gremlins worked out of their products and finally devote real money to service and support then they'll be a household name.

and we can say we watched it all happen from the beginning http://multirotorforums.com/threads/dji-innovations-forum-is-now-open.819/

Last edited by a moderator:

eskil23

Wikipedia Photographer
wikipedia is a whole different animal from a for-profit corporation
People send photos to the newspapers without getting paid too. Some people just don't care about getting paid. They do it for fun.
We'll see how many articles DJI will get with this deal.

Bartman

i'm not telling people what to do, if it's what turns you on then go for it. but as the site owner i tend to look out for our membership a bit more than a typical rcg owner might and i find it insulting that DJI would offer $30 to an established user for a technical article.

racing to the bottom isn't what we're here for. DJI might get articles as some will do anything to establish their online "brand" but as a user myself it will be interesting to read what is published. DJI may elect to edit each and every article using what is submitted only as a basis for a more technically correct article but they may not. i guess we'll see!

scotth

I would much prefer (and do) contribute to a forum community since it's a two way street. I seek and receive help, and give back when I can. I'd be happy to write something for DJI if I were truly pleased with their product and received excellent technical support when I need it. But I'm not and I don't.

Tahoe Ed

Guys you contribute on the forums. What we are asking is to forward the DJI wiki that will also contribute to the knowledge base of all users. If you are not interested then do play, if you are we are willing to pay for usable contributions. It is up to you.