Aeronavics / Droidworx Under 7kg options

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmnicholson

Hi All,

I am looking into purchasing a kit to carry the panasonic GH4 (roughly 1kg). Please can you recommend which devices can lift this, yet remain under a 7kg all up weight (for UK operations).

Thanks,
Matt
www.patagia.co.uk

baja-king

Here for the ride :)
Hi Matt,

Welcome to the forum.

Sub 7kg with a GH-4 will be a challenge but possible if you are careful.

I would suggest getting a spreadsheet going and enter all the parts you need using the manufacturers weights and see we're you get and use ecalc to see what battery/prop/motor combo works best.

My advice would be a Y6 frame and start form there. The gimbal will be an issue because the good ones weigh more...

Hi All,

I am looking into purchasing a kit to carry the panasonic GH4 (roughly 1kg). Please can you recommend which devices can lift this, yet remain under a 7kg all up weight (for UK operations).

Thanks,
Matt
www.patagia.co.uk

dazzab

I just weighed my gear today. The CAME-TV gimbal with GH4 weighed in at at 3Kg. The batteries weigh about 1Kg each and the AUW is just on 9Kg which means the copter is 4Kg. It's an Aeronavics SkyJib Lite octo in coax configuration. It flies great. I suppose I could loose a bit of weight by going with smaller batteries but I don't know what else I could do to get it lighter. In my experience you really don't want things at the edge. Design it with plenty of head room or you may regret it. I've got a beefy hexa as well and I doubt it would fly the GH4 well. I have a Sony NEX on it and that's pushing it with gimbal.

Status
Not open for further replies.