TV producer based in Georgia

Hello from Northwest Georgia, about halfway between Atlanta and Chattanooga, TN.

I'm in the television business, mostly as a producer and editor for a show on NBC Sports. I use to do a lot of shooting, but not much in the past few years. I'm here at this forum because the idea of rigging a camera to a RC copter really intrigued me after a coworker showed me some footage from a Cinestar 8 on Vimeo.

I went ahead and purchased a Blade MQX that will arrive tomorrow. It was recommended on this forum as a good way to get some flying experience. A Cinestar 8 or something similar might be in my future, but for now I'm looking to get some experience, practice, make mistakes, build some copters, etc. before I strap a $20,000+ camera to a flying machine. My current plan is to toy around with the Blade MQX, then move to something a bit more serious like a DJI F450, then move up from there.

I'm excited to be trying something new, and I'm glad this forum is here to help me.

all the best,
Benjamin Rowland

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Eh Up Benjamin.

Welcome to MRF.. You have come to the right place as we are all a helpful and friendly bunch on here.. Be prepared to spend lots of time and an equal amount of wonga to achieve what you desire.. You have chosen the right starting tool..

Enjoy and dont hesitate to post pics or videos of your progress.. Oh and shout up if you need any help.. As this is a truly international forum no matter what time of day or night u are looking for an answer its not usually to long before some one just getting up solves you night time problem

Nice to have u on board and as I said enjoy the ride!

Dave

PS good night as I off to me pit!