Triggering a camera automatically

Andy03

Thanks again. I also see in Wookong Assistant it's mentioned in Advanced - Gimbal. But nothing about triggering - i'll keep looking!Andy

schwett

Andy

plug your remote shutter release into channel number 8 on the Futaba Rx. Assign a three position switch to that channel. Depending on the release and the camera you should be able to take stills and video just by using the switch.

good luck

does this approach require a switch like this:

http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=8833

or could you literally just wire the three pins of channel 8 to three pins of the camera's remote, assuming the remote is a simple contact type?

Flylite

Hi all,

Thanks to al the historic info in this thread and an lerned friend - I now have F2 working via 'R' (using PPM In), triggering works fine from the mapped Tx switch.

I am now attempting to set this up with the GS but no matter how I set this up it does not work :( If I toggle the F2 line in the F-Channel Controller tab under Toolbox it disables the Tx control but if I then set it up GP Servo Action Config it does not trigger via the trigger button nor the Reference Photo button within the Photogrammetry tool, very confused - anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks
James

Flylite

Update: Can now control the F2 (r) channel using the keyboard - but still can't find how to trigger GP Servo action :/

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
...or if you are using a Canon DSLR (T2i) and it supports Magic Lantern - you can install that firmware and turn on the intervalometer and just let it go taking images every so many seconds. Works great, it is one less thing to think about as you are flying. ...or if you have a camera that supports continuos shots while pressing the button, you can put an elastic band over the button with a round eraser and simulate holding down the button, I have used that as well (probably works better with slower cameras (frame rates) so you don't fill up your memory card.

the T2i has a remote shutter that only requires a 2.5mm 3-pole plug installed in the remote shutter release port to trigger it. i bought a remote shutter mechanism from amazon.com and then cut the wire and put the two that make it trigger into a servo driven switch like the Pico switch from Dimensionengineering.com.

works great, very reliable, radio operated on command. camera should be set to continuous mode so it will fire full rate so long as the switch is triggered.

bart