Mikrokopter Testing Servo Outputs

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Just started strapping on my camera gear to myNew ADX3HL.

I have done flight tests, everything ok no problems what so ever. First thing I added was my Gentled camera trigger. Assigned servo 3 to poti6 which is my camera trigger. Nothing!

Got 4.98V at + and ground. Dont know how to test the servo output. Any pointers?

One weird thing is that when I trigger the servo the buzzer sounds.

I plugged in my nick servo and again I got + and ground 4.98v but the servo aint working..

YES I have calibrated :(

FC2.1 and firware 84a

Dave

ZAxis

Are you sure the connector for the Gentled/servo are being put in the correct orientation, not 180 degrees out ?

This may be dumb, but did you activate the IR control on your camera?? You can use your cell phone camera pointed to the Led and you can see if it is working.
Try that!

Felipe

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Are you sure the connector for the Gentled/servo are being put in the correct orientation, not 180 degrees out ?

Yep..

I just checked the the servo refresh rate and something seemed to be a bit odd as when I tried to save changes I got the successful message but it did not actually change anything!

So I did a parameter rest and now the beeping when I try and trigger the relay has gone BUT still no output, i.e. no shutter working no nick servo working..

Re-load firmware?

Dave

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
This may be dumb, but did you activate the IR control on your camera?? You can use your cell phone camera pointed to the Led and you can see if it is working.
Try that!

Felipe

Hi Felipe. Thanks for the suggestion but yes the ir is activated. I have a ADX3 standard sat next to my HL so I can test things on that and they all work fine.

Dave

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
which number servo are you using? which side do you have the ground wire on? The gentled LED needs to be played with a bit to get it to reset and then trigger. use the subtrims in your radio to make the adjustments up or down.
i was able to get my T2i to trigger using the 2.5mm plug on the same servo output that the gentled is using via the three position switch.
it takes some playing around with to get it straight.
bart

ZAxis

Do any servo outputs work ?
The FC microprocessor drives these via a chip that chooses which one to operate, if thats dead you will have no servos working at all.
(IC5 - 74HC4017). If its gone then not good news.
Also, I guess, if the firmware's corrupted then it simply can't choose which to operate. So re-flash the firmware.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Do any servo outputs work ?
The FC microprocessor drives these via a chip that chooses which one to operate, if thats dead you will have no servos working at all.
(IC5 - 74HC4017). If its gone then not good news.

Dont say that its a brand new FC!

But now I am worried as there does not appear to be any out put to the control side of any of the servos....

which number servo are you using? which side do you have the ground wire on? The gentled LED needs to be played with a bit to get it to reset and then trigger. use the subtrims in your radio to make the adjustments up or down.

Its is exactly the same set up as my ADX3.. only difference is that I am still on 82# on my smaller ADX3 and on 84a on the new one.

Dave

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Ill check it out.. Already sent one BL back coz a bridge fell off it.. Thing is I' flown it and soldered the RX to the board so I guess Ill just get 'Sorry you've damaged it'!

Going to re-flash the firmware.. looks like another day in the workshop.. raining here grrr!

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Well it looks like the servo controller/s is not working on my new FC 2.1 board!

Is there anyway of reading the out put?

Is It Voltage it is giving like 0 to 5 volts 0 being one way 5 being the other 2.5 being the middle?

I ant got a clue as to how the outputs work.

Going to strip out the FC and take a look under the magnifying glass.

Dave

ZAxis

You check servo output signals with a digital servo programmer like the Hitec HFP series. Place in line between the servo and the the FC and it will show on its screen the control signal being generated and sent out.
Perhaps Quadcopters could do this for you.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Well.. FC servo outputs is knackered.. Just plugged in a new FC and bingo.. everything is working.. GRRR I have had the fc a couple of months now so guess thats another loss to the MR gods!

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Well.. FC servo outputs is knackered.. Just plugged in a new FC and bingo.. everything is working.. GRRR I have had the fc a couple of months now so guess thats another loss to the MR gods!

For the cost of one of those boards if the vendor you bought it from won't help, I'd at the very least send it back to Germany for repair, got to be less $ than tossing it aside and buying another.

Ken

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
For the cost of one of those boards if the vendor you bought it from won't help, I'd at the very least send it back to Germany for repair, got to be less $ than tossing it aside and buying another.

Ken

Hi Ken.. yep I agree BUT as you say "I am in to far in now to stop"!

I will try to get it sorted OR I will just use it as a testing board for firmware upgrades I dont need the outputs for..

Dave

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Hi Ken.. yep I agree BUT as you say "I am in to far in now to stop"!

I will try to get it sorted OR I will just use it as a testing board for firmware upgrades I dont need the outputs for..

Dave

Would make a nice FPV quad with an I2C converter, add Navi and GPS and never worry about being able to find your way back, just click come home...

Ken