Tarot T-2d ZYX22 Board Dead

Ian

New Pilot
Hi All i bust acquired a Tarot T-2d thats dead , the ZYX22 won't light up or connect to PC, don't know its history, any one got ant fault information on these, it won't connect to PC on either board so i suspect its a power issue, iv checked the fuse on the board and I'm getting voltage to the regulator, out the regulator I'm getting 4,8v so that looks good,

One thing iv noticed is when its powered up the regulator is getting rather warm so something is drawing power from it,

Just looking for a possible fix before i go replace it

Ian

New Pilot
Just some information on the Tarot ZYX22 controller on the gimbal, i bough a T-2d t one on eBay cheap (£25) that was dead, after some checks i had a dig around, checked the fuse and that was fine, followed power to the 5v regulator and that was good, then followed on to a transistor labels 662M before the main Arm CPU, that CPU would run on 3,3v normally so i assume the 662M transistor is a 3,3v voltage regulator , after checking the other side of that i had a direct short between output and negative, after this was surface mount capacitor most likely a smoothing cap for the output, it had shorted, removed the capacitor and its up and working fine, iv added a 20f capacitor back on as its what i had lying around and its all up and running perfect,

hopefully this may help some one sometime.

5v Regulator

5v%20Regulator_zpskqlnqun4.jpg

662M Transistor, assuming this is 3.3v regulator but can't find any info on it,

3.3v%20regulator_zpsvatz64df.png

Shorted capacitor before main CPU

Capacitor_zps5fpqwjtk.jpg

Not sure how common this is to fail or how this one went .

my repair, not pretty but did not want to fumble with putting a surface mount cap back on as my iron is far to large, just fitted a 22uf that came to hand, most likely a smoothing cap before the CPU

7B6B875C-BABD-4C12-B3CF-07E983C68111_zps0hkn8tlf.jpg