Tarot 680PRO build log

TechBill

Howdy everyone!,

I am new to the MR game but not to the R/C since I have owned RC planes (gas powered) and cars (NiCd) in the past.

Been following this forum closely so I thought it time I make myself known and say howdy to everyone here.

I know it seem going to a Tarot 380PRO is a big jump for a beginner but actually I have a Hoverthing that I use for practice flight but I am no expert yet. It will still take me some time. The Tarot will be use for my aerial flying and hovering.

I started working on my power supply since going to a 6S battery mean I need a bigger charger and more amperages/watts to charge it.

I purchased a pair of Dell 700AB off Ebay total price was only 12.00 for the pair. And also purchased a couple of 4mm bullets which was like 6 dollar for a package.

Total cost for 24v+ power supply - less than 25 dollar which is not bad at all.

View attachment 24849

Also I made some charging cables using 12 ga silicon wires and Anderson Powerpole connectors. It at 9 inches long but I think I should had gone 12 inches.

View attachment 24852

Reason I went this length because of balancer port cable was 9 inches as well too so no point making it any longer when balancer port doesn't go any further out from the charger. But I still think next cable I make will be 12 inches .

I did lot of research before choosing these for my connectors and I believe that I will be quite happy with it.

What neat about it that there no male/female counterpart and you can snap it together making it into one connector or unsnap it again making it two different connector if you want to hook it up in series etc.

View attachment 24850 View attachment 24851

I even plan to swap out the connectors on my Hoverthing from T60 over to the Anderson Powerpole as well too.

I used to work in electronic engineering field before switching to networking and computer science field so putting it all together was a breeze for me.

Bill
Springfield, Mo

Attachments

• BillPS1.jpg
    BillPS1.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 350
  • anpp1.jpg
    anpp1.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 395
  • anpp2.jpg
    anpp2.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 324
  • anpp3.jpg
    anpp3.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 333

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Welcome aboard Bill. I use the Anderson power pole as well. Great product. The right crisper makes it smooth.

I've build (and since sold) a 680Pro. Very cool features for the money. Be careful with the folding mechanism clamps. They can snap fairly easy. Also, you might want to substitute some stainless bolts for the stock ones, they can strip easily.

Have fun and fly safe!

crayfellow

Hi Bill - Anderson PowerPole fan here as well! I use the TriCrimp tool from PowerWerx and it is great.

Nicely done on the power supplies. I'm looking at something self contained only to simplify travel.