Tarot 650 with Naza Lite/GPS spinning while in flight.

Juan C Gonzalez

Hello There:
I encounter a problem with my quadcopter after adding a gimbal and GOPRO to it.
After building the copter I did several flights without issues. During this weekend the a new Tarot gimbal was installed with a Gopro Hero3, the compass re calibrated and from the first attempt the copter takes off with out effort but it rotates to the right. I have to keep the rudder stick to the left to correct all the time.
In the GPS mode will maintain altitude and position but will spin clockwise.
In Aptitude mode is the same: have to keep the rudder stick to the left.
The unit has been calibrated to the transmitter using the software.
Here is my setup:
Tarot Ironman 650, Maza Lite/GPS, 30A SimonK ESC, Sunny Sky 2216 900 KV motors, Turnigy 9XR TX, Fr Sky D8R-II Plus RX, Tarot 2D gimbal/Gopro, 5000 mA 4S flight pack, 10X4.7 carbon fiber props and accessories (total weight: 2100 grams).

Please need help!! Any Ideas? It is hard to fly under this condition.

Thanks for a promptly respond.

Attachments

• 20150308_211533_resized.jpg
    20150308_211533_resized.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 591

RobBurn

Order of some checks

First check gopro and make sure wireless is OFF. if off then leave gopro off and fly it.

Unpower the gimbal, fly it, does it still rotate clockwise? If it does not something is interfering with naza or compass

Check the gps puck as is may not be aligned correctly based on your location?

Rob

jahatton

Hello There:
I encounter a problem with my quadcopter after adding a gimbal and GOPRO to it.
After building the copter I did several flights without issues. During this weekend the a new Tarot gimbal was installed with a Gopro Hero3, the compass re calibrated and from the first attempt the copter takes off with out effort but it rotates to the right. I have to keep the rudder stick to the left to correct all the time.
In the GPS mode will maintain altitude and position but will spin clockwise.
In Aptitude mode is the same: have to keep the rudder stick to the left.
The unit has been calibrated to the transmitter using the software.
Here is my setup:
Tarot Ironman 650, Maza Lite/GPS, 30A SimonK ESC, Sunny Sky 2216 900 KV motors, Turnigy 9XR TX, Fr Sky D8R-II Plus RX, Tarot 2D gimbal/Gopro, 5000 mA 4S flight pack, 10X4.7 carbon fiber props and accessories (total weight: 2100 grams).

Please need help!! Any Ideas? It is hard to fly under this condition.

Thanks for a promptly respond.
Hi Juan, what kind of flight time do you get? I know this is an old thread and you may not even have this frame now.
I have a similar setup. Thanks Jim