Stock Phantom 2200mah batteries

cootertwo

Please, without all the hoopla about how to charge and store a lipo. How long has your stock Phantom branded batteries lasted, before they started loosing capacity and flight length? My flight times are getting shorter and shorter. Batteries treated well.:untroubled:

photobobga

cootertwo,

I purchased two new DJI Phantom batteries with hopes that they would last at least a few months. After six or so flights I noticed that the internal resistance went from 8 to 22. This tells me that these batteries are sub standard. I ordered two 2800 mah MaxAmp batteries designed for the Phantom, major improvement in flight time. I also use an external low voltage battery alarm during flights. This gives me a very specific warming when the cells reach a set voltage. This prevents possible damage due to low voltage conditions.

cootertwo

Thanks for the reply, that's what I was thinking. I have 5, all about the same age, and all are getting less and less flight time. I have a decent balancing charger, and also use a battery alarm. Guess it's time to try some different batteries.