Skyeye 2-Axis Gimbal (www.foxtechfpv.com)

Razzil

I purchased this Skyeye 2-Axis Gimbal awhile ago and wasn't impressed with the movements with the stock push rods. They always came loose and found it troublesome to adjust without losing something. I've since added some M3 Ball Joints as you can see in the image attached, and it seems to move a lot better than stock. I've also crazy glued the carbon fiber pieces together to keep it tightly together. Except for one or two pieces so I can replace the servos if needed.

I'm using this with the DJI Naza-M controller ... I've adjusted the servo travel limits up and down and the second image attached are my best results. The issue I'm having is ... the servos are always making a noise. Again, I've adjusted the limts up and down and where I have the settings now, is the quitest. I know I have them set at 1000 but even at 100 each, it does't make a difference.

When the gimbal moves, the roll seems to be fine, but the pitch is twitchy. Almost as if its when its going through the gears.

Do you think my issue is with the servos? (Goteck GS-9025MG full metal gear servos)

View attachment 7813 View attachment 7814

Any opinion or feedback would be great.

Attachments

• Naza-Gimbal-Setup.jpg
    Naza-Gimbal-Setup.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 218
  • Skyeye.jpg
    Skyeye.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 243

Efliernz

Pete
When using push-pull rods, the distance between the servo balls should be the same as the mount balls - otherwise they will get tight and bind up.

Direct servo pushrods are ok for stills but there will always be some servo gear movement that will make it step / stutter as it moves. Really light Gopro gimbals have so little inertia, they can get away with. That is why pro-grade mounts (that carry cameras over 150g) use gear/belt reductions and external servo pots. The gear mesh movement becomes minimal after a 8:1 reduction.

Pete