Site access and growth

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
I'm starting to get more frequent notifications from the hosting company that there are certain allowances being exceeded. I just received three more this morning so I'm going to look into a dedicated server hosting option to alleviate any problems for the foreseeable future. This should also have the effect of making the site run faster and will allow me to increase files/attachments sizes.
To pay the increased costs associated with our growing site, I may introduce a limited number of advertisements. While some admin people go with Google Adsense that uses all sorts of random ads, I intend to keep things topic specific and will suspend advertisers that have too many poor service claims against them. To be present here as an advertiser, businesses will have to provide excellent services and products to our community, period.
I'm sorry if the introduction of advertising offends anyone but, with the introduction of advertising, I also intend to introduce promotions (freebies, if you will) so stay tuned for that. Hopefully I'll come up with some good stuff to give away.
Thanks!
Bart

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Go for it Bart.. I think you have started something here that will grow and grow. looking at the users on line figures I see an increase week on week with the max users on line increasing regularly. Speeding the site up a tad would be a benefit so if advertising is the way forward so be it.. How about a donate system like so many other sites have?

Buzzed

Attachments

• biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    1 KB · Views: 353

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Go for it Bart.. I think you have started something here that will grow and grow. looking at the users on line figures I see an increase week on week with the max users on line increasing regularly. Speeding the site up a tad would be a benefit so if advertising is the way forward so be it.. How about a donate system like so many other sites have?

dave,
i don't want to ask people using the site for donations, i'm not comfortable with it and i think advertising can do the job well enough. while i could very well receive enough to support the site, not receiving enough would lead to advertising anyway.
first up will be a gopro ad. it was easy enough to arrange and i think we universally appreciate what gopro offers.
regards,
bart