S800 Flip #2

Flane

Well guess I am a slow learner, and need some help now. I have a S800 that I bought some 6 months back and just finished assembly it a month back now and while running up the motors for lift off it flipped broke two arms and props. Though maybe it was my fault for running up slowly and for some reason causing it to spin left and crash. So I ordered parts and repaired it soo today I took it out on the frozen snow covered ocean thinking just incase it decided to do it again the 300mm of snow would absorb the impact. Well it didn't the same thing happened even thought I gave more power at life off it flipped left again and broke only one arm and rotor. So now what do I do sale it for parts, pull the Wookong and get another quad. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated
If that wasn't bad enough after kicking myself I had the need to just fly so took my F550 out and no go motors would not spin. Brought it back in plugged into NAZA and all setting looked good, but still no go. Checked setting on the DX8 nothing seem changed again any ideas. At least my Phantom still flies I THINK , afraid to try now. Maybe tomorrow!

Last edited by a moderator:

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
What state is your control in when taking off? Manual, Atti or GPS? Everything calibrated correctly? Try taking off in Manual mode and see if you get the same results, and most times, most DJI products do not like a slow lift off.

Flane

I'll give that a try, have any idea if one can make a temp glue repair on a arm, it broke right at the nob into the main body, Or will have to wait another couple of weeks before another to arrive. The second time I tired not to make a slow take off, But you maybe correct I was in GPS.