S800 and Z15 strange behaviour in attitude mode

fritz99

Hello !

My S800 flies very well in GPS and attitude mode.
It stays GPS within 1 meter and attitude within 0.5 meters.
Only with full lipos........................

I fly 5S 8000mah LIPOS.

As soon as the LIPOS are 60% empty ( far away from cell minimum voltage) the copter cant hold its hight.
It beginns coming down slowly and cannot stay in hight position.
This happens since I updated to 5.14a

Perhaps I have to change the parameters.

Can anybody help me ?

Fritz

Edit :

Which parameters do I have to decrease or increase so that the copter reacts faster and stronger on changes of altitude ?
I am not sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

I don't normally read manuals before diving in, but I was able to read since all my parts was not available.. in reading: http://www.dji-innovations.com/products/spreading-wings-s800/specifications/

t
he 6S was mentions there and also in the manual here:View attachment 6087

Didn't really have the desire to short change anything yet. Seems like all my customers go to the computer store and just buy the cheapest laptop thinking all the specs look the same.. i7 is not i7.. 16 gig of RAM is not 16 gig of RAM. then they wonder why their stuff works likes sh*&^.

lets meet the minimum requirements or at least what the manufacturer passes ..

I understand if a car requires 89 octane, I know lots of people that goes to 81-82 octane to save money.. I normally just go above just because...

then again, going to high in battery is also bad.. so, meeting the minimum requirements sure does help during trouble-shooting.

also, adding the batteries guys probably also have brand to performance.. etc input..

I have been wrong..... many many many times...:)

Attachments

• s800 man.jpg
    s800 man.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 417

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Hello !

My S800 flies very well in GPS and attitude mode.
It stays GPS within 1 meter and attitude within 0.5 meters.
Only with full lipos........................

I fly 5S 8000mah LIPOS.

As soon as the LIPOS are 60% empty ( far away from cell minimum voltage) the copter cant hold its hight.
It beginns coming down slowly and cannot stay in hight position.
This happens since I updated to 5.14a

Perhaps I have to change the parameters.

Can anybody help me ?

Fritz

Edit :

Which parameters do I have to decrease or increase so that the copter reacts faster and stronger on changes of altitude ?
I am not sure.

Yes attitude will let the WKM system interpret your stick commands faster and more harsch. Personally I think it only makes sense to fly the s800 with 6s. You had several people working on the s800 getting the motors and props made the way they want them to be to fit a 6s setup. And yes in my past experience it makes a big difference flying 4s 5s 6s on the same
Setup. I always had to change the gains to adjust to the change in voltage. Probably brining up the vertical gains to the end of your 5s lipo will let the s800 hold altitude again!

Regards

Boris

vislaw

Basic Electricity

Just to add my voice to the discussion, this is a fine-tuned heavy lift machine. You're talking about a serious voltage differential if you try to fly 5S rather than the specified 6S batteries. Don't do it.