Retractable landing gear

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Hi guys,

I've got a new build here that I'm working on and I was going to build my own retracts for it but if I could buy something that would work then that's the route I'd like to go. Has anyone had any luck with any particular brands or designs? I've never been down this road so any input would be appreciated.

Thanks
Bart

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
How big is the rig??? I've seen someone build something like THESE pretty cheap if you do it yourself, but not sure they would suffice for a larger craft.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
thanks for the link Scott but they'd be a little on the small size. the heli is a flat hexacopter for a zenmuse GH3 and it's got to be done and ready to fly yesterday. i'm filling out the order form for the RCtimer gear so i'm hoping they'll be here by the end of the week,

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
thanks for the link Scott but they'd be a little on the small size. the heli is a flat hexacopter for a zenmuse GH3 and it's got to be done and ready to fly yesterday. i'm filling out the order form for the RCtimer gear so i'm hoping they'll be here by the end of the week,

I figured they would be too small. I was actually more interested in the home-build (that led to that link) because if time pressure wasn't an issue, it could be fairly easily modified with longer booms and heftier servos, all fairly inexpensively.

Good luck!

Mrtarango32

What are you guys using to power the retracts. Just the rx? Or have a bec in line? I'm looking for something clean to tuck away