Replacement for Hero GoPro 4K

I am looking for a suitable replacement for my Hero GoPro Black that has the live video downlink capability.... Sadly the new firmware disabled the live video out on both the USB and backplane..... Seems to me that Asia offers many alternatives to the Hero GoPro c/w live video out......

Any suggestions?

JCLs

I am looking for a suitable replacement for my Hero GoPro Black that has the live video downlink capability.... Sadly the new firmware disabled the live video out on both the USB and backplane..... Seems to me that Asia offers many alternatives to the Hero GoPro c/w live video out......

Any suggestions?

Are you positive, GoPro confirm? I went out last weekend and my camera was working. I was checking tilt up and down from radio and it went black. I could plug in Nd out and get video for a min or so and it would go black. I think the cable to the back port connector may be bad and have got replacement on way. It could be the video switch acting up. Have one backordered. In any case have not heard anyplace else yet that they wiped out live video. I have Hero 3 I can go back to I guess.

Are you positive, GoPro confirm? I went out last weekend and my camera was working. I was checking tilt up and down from radio and it went black. I could plug in Nd out and get video for a min or so and it would go black. I think the cable to the back port connector may be bad and have got replacement on way. It could be the video switch acting up. Have one backordered. In any case have not heard anyplace else yet that they wiped out live video. I have Hero 3 I can go back to I guess.
Yes......but starting with Gopro4 using later firmware that cannot be loaded into Gopro3.....many articles on this across the internet....

JCLs

That really sucks if true. I went searching and could not find anything new about issue. A lot of old stuff out there. Like I said up until last Saturday I was using my Hero 4 with no issues and I have not done an upgrade recently I can remember. I know a lot of problems at first because 3 and 4 were different. I had to get a new connector to work on 4 but then it worked also on the older 3. Can you give a current link to what happening now?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jamesb72

I have used firefly 6s and git2 cameras both have analogue video out on gopro connector and are very inexpensive. Git2 has lcd screen but 6s uses hero3 batteries and both fit gopro waterproof enclosure.

I have used firefly 6s and git2 cameras both have analogue video out on gopro connector and are very inexpensive. Git2 has lcd screen but 6s uses hero3 batteries and both fit gopro waterproof enclosure.

Thank you..... I will check them out.... Just wondering about the final video image quality compared to GoPro after GoPro software video optimization.... if comparable.

jamesb72

Video quality in 1080 i found pretty close to hero3 black and they are a fraction of the price and both have eis stabilisation which works well.