Remote shutter

Just finished up a Tarot 960 build and I'm setting up my gimbal/camera. I set up a remote shutter on my sony nex 7 and the electronic IR module seemed to be working fine but it would only trigger the video function occasionally and the photo function would miss every now and then too. I had the IR module taped directly over the sensor and it turned out that was the problem. It seemed to overwhelm the IR sensor and wouldnt always trigger the shutter but when I held the remote several inches back it worked everytime. So now I need to figure out a way to mount it near the sensor but not actually on it. Hopefully it will work consistently without the remote directly in front of the sensor rather below it or off to the side. Pretty jazzed about finally being able to get something in the air besides a go pro.

medicflier

Flytron sells ir switches for Sony cameras,think they are about $10 each and are designed to be placed right over the sensor. I am just about done with my tarot 960 too,just need a break in the weather to recalibrate the compasses and should be good for maiden. Just hooked up my rfd900 radios today

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T807A using Tapatalk