Reminding: DO NOT fly the Phantom with any wifi function enabled equipment

Please DO NOT fly the Phantom with any wifi function enabled equipment, the wifi signal may interfere with the signal of the transmitter and affect your flight.

Gimbal

Please DO NOT fly the Phantom with any wifi function enabled equipment, the wifi signal may interfere with the signal of the transmitter and affect your flight.

Do I also have to turn OFF the Bluetoothmodule of the Wookong OFF in order to fly safely?
Bluetooth also uses 2,4Ghz.

Also I've seen Videos with the GoPro 3 BE + WiFi turned on all the time, here look at this Video:

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
phantom is an rtf 330 size thats all dji, including the radio. gotta imagine this is a problem with the radio side

Zzr

is this small monitor for fpv mounted on the Graupner MX-20?
Do I also have to turn OFF the Bluetoothmodule of the Wookong OFF in order to fly safely?
Bluetooth also uses 2,4Ghz.

Also I've seen Videos with the GoPro 3 BE + WiFi turned on all the time, here look at this Video:

Gimbal

Yes it is the GoPro App running on my Samsung Note 2, but it is not applicable for FPV since the delay of the videofeed is about 1 second, plus if you are recording the Videofeed freezes 70% of the time, but it is so good for starting the recording and check the camera image.

On my Forum we pointed out that it has to do with the Remote of the Phantom, it doesn't use a Frequency Hopping System like the most modern Transmitters, so if sthe pecific 2,4Ghz Frequency of the phantom remote is already used it can result in a FailSafe. This also means that you can fly only one Phantom at a time, also people living in high density areas (regarding 2,4Ghz Technology like WiFi) will get interference more often...
The phantom remote is generally garbage, although I understand that modern computer driven remotes are quite hard to use and are quite expensive and that they wanted to offer a full kit, but people will push their boundaries and if the technology doesn't protect themselves or people around them, who does?

So this is a pretty dangerous game that DJI plays with us, if they aren't carefull and try to offer Full Packages that cheap, sooner or later bad things will happen and as we all know, our dear leaders will simply ban our hobby. So DJI should really think about what they're doing...