Recommended TX for use with Wookong-M

Borneoben

Hi Guys

I am seriously considering getting the Wookong m for my APV camera ship i have been desiging.

I am currently using an old DX7 and i am thinking of upgrading.

I have read lots about the Wookong-M and know that you can adjust gains in flight with may people using sliders and knobs to do so.

My DX7 obvously doesnt have these features and was wondering if someone could make a recommendation for a decent TX that could make full use of all the WKM features.

What other features are usefull to have on a TX when using for AP work?

How about spare channels for camera triggers and panning etc?

I have been considering the Airtronics SD10-G as i hav heard good things about it.
I hear the programming is highly customisable.

Any feedback would be great.

Does any one know if the SD10-G has any rxs that can support PPM?

I am also considering the OpenPilot Pro when it comes out.

Cheers

Ben

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
HI Bornoeben,

I just switched to S-Bus Futaba with a module for my Graupner mx 22. Failsafe is a little bit of an issue but i dont really care at the moment.
If you are planning on buying WK-M now for a Octo you will probably have no other way than to go the S-Bus way. They are not announcing
if they will be implementing ppm at the moment or later and S-bus is the only way to have a octo runnig with Gimbal stabilization and control from your remote for the Nck/tilt axis of the gimbal, output X3.

They haven't announced yet if they will have anymore outputs for camera trigger etc. But i guess once more you will have more options and you will be on the safe side with S-bus if you are planning on a Octo. The other option of coarse is you can wait if you dont want to go the Sbus way. I think they will give in to the Ppm request at some point.

In general at this moment its hard to say which remote how much channels switches on your radio will be necessary in the future since we all dont know what they are planning in the future concerning features.

Borneoben

Hi Boris

Thanks for the feed back

I am hoping that they will eventually implement PPM but until then all non futaba users can get an SBus converter to allow any RX to be connected using SBus.
Its a little expensive at 45GBP roughly 70USD but its a possible solution.

I am still undecided as to go with a Hexa or an Octo layout but i would like to have the choice.

Cheers

Ben

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
Four channels for octo control plus tilt, roll, shutter/record and zoom leave me with four spare channels on a Futaba 12z with the QuadroPPM from the MK site converting Rx outputs to a summed ppm.

Does everybody know about the 'other' MK site where other brands (like Droidworx and DJI) are also sold? Dunno how I came across it.

http://mikrokopter.altigator.com/

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Japp I know the guys. They are fast when it comes to shipment and email response! Shipment same day!