Putting Phantom 2 batteries in storage

38super

Hi All
Would like to know how to put Phantom 2 batteries in storage mode. On most chargers they have a storage setting. I guess you could run battery to storage voltage.
What would that voltage be? Want to keep them in the best shape I can just because they are very $$$$$
Thanks Will

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Hi All
Would like to know how to put Phantom 2 batteries in storage mode. On most chargers they have a storage setting. I guess you could run battery to storage voltage.
What would that voltage be? Want to keep them in the best shape I can just because they are very $$$$$
Thanks Will

Good question. I have not seen mention of this either. Maybe I missed it in the manual???

storage mode on my charger defaults to 3.8/cell if I recall correctly. While you could try to fly to roughly that voltage, it would be ideal to store with the cells balanced.

Mori55

Good question. I have not seen mention of this either. Maybe I missed it in the manual???

storage mode on my charger defaults to 3.8/cell if I recall correctly. While you could try to fly to roughly that voltage, it would be ideal to store with the cells balanced.
I would say 40-50% would be good.

I have some Thunder Power 7S 5000 mAh packs for some of my single rotor helis and Thunder Power recommends storing batteries between 3.8V and 3.9V per cell. I split the difference and store at 3.85V/cell. Those packs aren't cheap ($320 each and I run 2 packs in series for each flight!) so I make sure I store them properly. :) I know DJI Phantom packs aren't made by Thunder Power but lipos are lipos...

http://www.thunderpowerrc.com/core/media/media.nl?id=132007&c=1065743&h=8637782eee240ecb0782&whence=

Also remember to store them in a cool place because lipos will degrade really quickly in hot environments (like a hot garage or trunk of your car in summer).

Hey guys - being into RC for decades I know what it takes to take care of LiPos. So I was amazed there's no proper way to bring Phantom batteries to a correct storage level quickly (their auto-discharge takes a minimum of 3 days which is not fast enough for me). So I created a little gadget to do just that. I call it the Phantom Angel and I bulk ordered the boards so that I can provide (almost at cost) to anyone who's interested. More info at http://phantomangel.rocks

Hi guys,

Since launching the Phantom Angel (a dedicated P2/P3 battery storage discharger) a couple of months ago I've had loads of discussions with Phantom pilots about their batteries.
What I saw was that the majority of new pilots were not aware of standard LiPo practices and were surprised and grateful when I shared some of what I've learnt over the years.

So, with that in mind, I've created a concise, newbie-friendly guide to all things LiPo. If you don't know how to store your battiers, how to keep them from exploding or how to tell your watts from your amps, this guide's for you :)

http://phantomangel.rocks/lipoguides/top-tips-for-happy-phantom-batteries.html

Hope you find it useful and please do send over any and all thoughts and comments.

Proto