Problems with ARMBGC Alexmos receiver connection

_grant_

Well I've just started a brushless conversion on a cinestar360. I'm documenting it and will update for anyone who wishes to see how its done or how it performs. I've run into a problem. Here's what I've got. Cinestar360, 8017 motors, ARMBGC Alexmos V3 board, DX7, Spektrum AR6210 receiver, 3 cell lipo x many. What I'm struggling with is connecting the receiver to the board...or rather getting the board to actually interact with the receiver. All the connections are as per the connection diagram. What I can't get is any power from the board. The ARMBGC board is supposed to supply 5V through one of the wires (red) on the 6 pin connector. SO I've powered the receiver directly from the battery (thru a BEC). No problem. Bound to the transmitter...powered. Done. But when I connect the wiring from the board (I removed the red wire since its redundant, and probably not good for the electronics), I get nothing. I try to follow the 'instructions' to connect software to the receiver and transmitter, but I don't see the blue bar for RC Pitch. In following the instructions (which might be incomplete?) set the settings on the GUI. The receiver is connected to the board, but not powered at this point. Then I connect to the board (USB) and power up the receiver and board. Nothing. Oh...I write the setting to the board at this point, which isn't actually written into the instructions, but must be part of the process somewhere. I've tried as many combinations and permutations of the above as I can think of.....My thought, and worry, is that since I know I can't seem to get power from the board and have to power the receiver independently, perhaps this whole 6 pin connector is on the fritz. I hope not. I hope its just something simple I've missed. Can anyone comment or suggest? Please and thanks. Head scratching is all well and good until I start losing hair.

pozzatelloluca

Hello Grant,
I have the same your problem.
I would like to connect an external device to the +5V output but after power on the main board I measured no volt on this pins.

Have you solve your problem? Is there any way to use this power output?

Thanks,
Luca