KK Flight Controller Problem with yawing to the right

Hi!
I use a kk2 board on the following quad.
Foldable H-Frame (wood) 47cm between rotors
T-Motors 2216-10 (900kv)
props 11x4.7
25A ESCs (simonK)
Different kind of Lipo 3S
RX Frsky 8rD II plus
TX Frsky DJT
motor setup: X
Yesterday I was out flying with a camera on the nose of my H-quad.
I got into a problem with the yaw axis. During normal hover I got some yaw
response in both directions but when turning right it was fighting and started to wobble in a diagonal axis (motor 1 and 3).

I went to the mixer and tried to changed the rudder settings for these motors and got it a little bit more stable. Motor 1 and 3 rudder, from 100 to 80.
But still when flying forward and yawing right the quad starts to climb and is struggling to yaw.

I am totally confused by this behaviour because it has been OK before.
I know the COG is not on spot anymore when the camera is attached. But it doesn't seem to help
if I take the camera off.

I fly with self level on.
I have done the ESC calibration
I have trimmed the KK2board in level.

Here is my PID settings

Roll AILERON
P gain 100
P limit 100
I gain 75
I limit 10

Pitch ELEVATOR
P Gain 100
P limit 100
I Gain 75
I limit 10

Yaw RUDDER
P Gain 60
P limit 30
I Gain 25
I limit 10

Self Level
P Gain 105
P limit 80
trim Roll 0
trim Pitch 0

When I look at it it seems that the frame is a little bit twisted/bent in the roll (aileron) axis so that motor nr 3.(right back) is a little bit lower.
not much but do you think that this has a major effect on yaw?
Or do you think one of the ESCs might be out of sync with the others? I dont have a ESC programming board so I can't check them on the fly.

Any help or toughts on this issue is welcome!

Jackella

yes twist in frame will make yaw uneven,and fly funny.also simon K escs sometimes can 'uncalibrate themselves occasionally.again noticeable in a yaw..depends on escs used of course.i calibrate my simonk escs separately one by one using just the rx.

Ok, I didn´t know that the ESCs can uncalibrate themselves.
I also start to think that the twist in the frame is causing this problem.
Can you explain more in detail how you calibrate your ESCs using the rx?
Is it different from the routine when you push button 1 and 4 while starting up with full throttle on the TX?
I have done this with all the motors at the same time. Is it better to do this one at a time?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jackella

if you are getting the correct beeps when calibrating through the KK2 board then that is ok,my escs don't do the beeps so calibrating each esc separately plugged into the RX throttle channel has to be done..

Yes I do get the correct beeps so everything should be OK with the calibration. And yes I have had issues with the ESC's uncalibrating them selves now and then. I first thought you ment that they somehow can unprogram. So that you have to do a re-flash of the SimonK firmware.