Poll: Are you a commercial/professional, prosumer or consumer level user of Drones/UAV's?

Poll: Are you a commercial/professional, prosumer or consumer level user of Drones/UAV's?

• Total voters

droneadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Poll: Are you a commercial/professional, prosumer or consumer/hobbyist level user of Drones/UAV's?

We are trying to better understand our audience and have prepared this poll so please vote and let us know where you feel you best fit in on the scale.

Feel free to post a comment as well letting us know more specifically your use of drones/uav's (i.e. commercial real estate, FPV racing, agriculture, search/rescue, movie/tv/commercials, etc, etc, etc)

PJ Brewer

I enjoy landscape photography the most. I got my ham radio license so I can use a 1.3 ghz FPV setup which is MUCH better than 5.8 ghz. I am just a hobbyist who has been building and fiddling with drones for YEARS.

Area21

Area21
Although I fly commercially for a company and my own business. I enjoy recreational flying (racing), training others to fly multi rotors and love photography. So a bit of everything really.

Oldwhitewolf

I must admit, as I get more better at flying, the racing drones have caught my eye, need to improve waay more first ... Till then, putting around easy and slow filming FPV in my current two fav's being the yuneec q500 4K and the typhoon H, very relaxing and a whole lot of fun. Am studying for general ham license tho, want to be able to use those freqs.
So...far so good

bensid54

I like it for FPV and sometimes when my son comes over we rip around the local field together using FPV. A lt of fun and his little 250 can really take a beating. So 1.3 ghz is better for FPV and here I thought 5.8 was the best why is 1.3 better?

Josh Stevens

Been flying and tinkering as a hobbyist for years, but have found my larger multirotors useful in construction progress monitoring and inspections so I'm working toward the commercial/professional side of things. Still love to beat around with my FPV planes and 250 quad in my downtime though so a bit of everything for me it seems...

Gator

As a crew chief on a winged sprint car team in florida for my nephew, I video tape all of our races. I bought a DJI f550 about a year and a half ago to try to add some aerial shots of the track and surroundings to the videos I post online. Still learning what looks best with my racing videos but enjoy flying whenever I get a chance. Which is not nearly enough.

Mike.

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
So after years of complying with the FAA. I'm done. I have reported a reckless asshole who has continued to fly so dangerously, that it's seriously criminal. I'm a commercial 33 op, and pointed out his actions to my local FDSO and the reply was "I don;t care, we don;t have the resources to handle this". The videos I sent were this guy flying over 2000+ people at a fair, flying 100' below a c130 airplane at a fair, flying at night during a ballon launch (human piloted balloons)

So have at it. The FAA isn't doing ****. they don't care. Fly safe make money.. F*** the FAA.

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com

Old Man

Sleepy, you can't fix or engineer out stupid. Darwin eventually takes care of them in one way or another. The difficult part is watching the harm they can bring to others before that happens.