Pixhawk & Quad Program

Chalagi

I was at the field Sunday when a young kid came over and ask me a question. Long store short he has a carbon core 650mm qaud program in his Taranis. And he is wonder if he changed the quad to hex and then selected 3 of the 6 positions switches on his pixhawk would it work? The reason he ask me this question is because he saw me with my Pixhawk at the fiekd some time back. And he thought I had it all figured out lolololol. I told him I would ask the guys here on the forum because they know more than myself. And I felt sorry for the kid because he got just as many answers at the field as I did a big fat "0". The ideal does seem like it might work but you would be loosing some of the Pixhawk features.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Chalagi, I'm not sure of what you're asking....he want to use three motor outputs to control six motors?

can you tell him to register here and post his question so we can ask him directly what he wants to do?

Chalagi

Chalagi is letting me use his pc. I have a carbon core 650MM quad running on a Naza M V2 that died. I have looked at the Pixhawk that Chalagi has and the programming. So I was wondering if I switched the program from quad to hex and still used the 3 way switch and the program used for the Naza M V2 and then picked 3 flight modes from the 6 that the pixhawk and replaced the ones I use with the existing 3 position switch would it work?

Old Man

There is nothing interchangeable/compatible between any DJI flight controller and Pixhawk.

If you change out the Naza and install a Pixhawk you can assign the flight modes available in Pixhawk to any switch you want them on. Your existing switch assignments may work out as you desire but you have to tell Pixhawk what and where they are through FC programming and transmitter switch assignments. If you are flying a quad it will not work if you select hex as the model type in Pixhawk. Pixhawk would be looking for two motors that would not be present for directional control.