Pheonix sim has a quadcopter

Macsgrafs

Can someone tell me if it flies anything like this in real life & how does an octocpter compare?

Ross

Kilby

I just saw this in one of my news feeds this morning. I've never flown the exact model they have in the sim (gaui 330x I believe), but I'm going to download it tonight and give it a shot.

juz

FPV pilot
Hi Ross
I downloaded the 330x from the pheonix site the other day and have flown it just once. It is a little too locked in for a gaui but you can adjust many settings to tweak it. Not sure how it compares to an octo but I'm sure that you make it feel similar. I used the scale feature to make it larger which was cool.

juz

Kilby

I downloaded it the other night. It did seem a little too stable for real life to me, but I've never flown a 330x so I'm not the expert there. I was able to instantly pick it up and start doing barrel rolls and back flips with no problems. Mind you I have never once been able to do that in real life.

Kilby

Personally, i would LOVE to see them add a ****pit view (FPV) similar to what Real Flight has, but I doubt they ever will. The technology used to present their flying sites wouldn't allow it in it's current configuration.

Macsgrafs

Well Juz, I have given it 20 mins of good thrashing, quite like it even though its rolls arent very axial ;) A lot easier than my trex600, but very similar in the controls. I like the idea of taking my hands off the sticks & it doesnt try & roll over on you. I agree Kilby, a FPV view would be great, they did mention that some time ago.

Ross

beeker_12

Ive been waiting for a FPV view too, but w/ the 330x model, Im praly gonna pick up a used copy and dx5 to play on my laptop and bit TV :) ... i dunno if Ive gotten old, or just more nerdy or both :) ... now my PS3 will gather even more dust

Kilby

How funny is it that the word ****pit was censored? Hahaha... The pilot ejected from the ****pit.

gadgetkeith

likes gadgets
yep i agree just dusted of the old sim couple of months back and found the gaui 330x in it phoenix sim

thats what got me here ive had t-rex for few years now and as you say it seems real easy compaired to single rotor heli

just sorted out me sim so i can use it wire free now and realy great

likewise ive been giving the sim a real good thrashing now

cant wait to get one of these quad thingys boys and their toys ay

just gotta convince the other half it will be usfull for sommit fpv to keep an eye on the cats

ay that may just work wish me luck

gadgetkeith

likes gadgets
knowing my luck she would mount a bracket on the wall fix the quad permanently to it and use it for just that

poor little quad to spend the rest of its days making omlets

gadgetkeith

likes gadgets
think ive won her over with the fpv idea to keep an eye on the cats

the video that did it was i think done by juz in australia where he flys all around the garden then through his house

best fpv ive ever seen for showing whats poss

so soon will have another addition to the family

she aint that hard to win over im also a carp fisherman and when i came home with me £600 bait boat with built in fish finder she didnt even bat an eyelid just told her is the latest must have GADGET hense my screen name

he who goes to the grave with the most toys wins