phantom vision 2 distance

I have a phantom 2 vision and distance is way off, the height is ok but when at start up its at 500 to 700 feet, and goes up and down from there, updated the firmware but no difference. help!

NOT SURE WHAT OSD IS, WHEN I START UP THE DISTANCE SAYS IS ITS 500 TO 700 FT. AWAY ON MY PAD, WHEN FLYING IT WILL VARY UP AND DOWN FROM THERE, NOTHING CONSITANT.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
My bad. I missed the altitude or distance. :)

So the details on the iPad are indicating that your distance is at 500-700 feet. Not altitude, correct? Altitude seems roughly correct?

If the distance is off, have you done the calibration for the GPS?

An OSD is "on screen display." So if you're getting read outs on your iPad (or any monitor) - that's your OSD.

Last edited by a moderator:

I HAVE TO ADMIT SOMETIMES I DON'T, BUT THE LAST TIME I DID, I WILL DOUBLE CHECK TO MAKE SURE I'M DOING IT RIGHT. THANKS, LET YOU KNOW.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
If it's only on the distance, and not altitude, I would think a GPS cal could help. It definitely can't hurt.

Good luck. Let us know how you make out.

No Luck, I've tried compass calibration many times, no change, the distance starts out at 200 - 300 ft when its 10 ft. away, fly away 20 ft it says any from 300 to 600 ft, just varies, up and down, sounds like there is something wrong with the GPS, haven't seen anybody having this problem on the web. If the gps is bad the would drift bit it doesn't. HELP

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
I'm sorry - that's a really strange issue that I have not heard of before. And I've definitely never experienced it myself.

Please let us know if you determine the cause.