Phantom Angel - The must-have Phantom accessory

Hi guys,

First of all a quick intro: I've been flying RC for over a decade and have focused heavily of FPV the last 5 years (planes, quads, ground pounders, boats... you name it!).

Of course in that long list are a couple of Phantoms. Love the little beasts but I always had one gripe - the cost of its custom batteries. That’s when I spotted something that every Phantom owner needs and yet something that doesn’t seem to exist – a way to discharge Phantom batteries for storage – possibly the most important thing you can do protect your investment in expensive DJI batteries!

Leaving a fully charged LiPo wrecks havoc on its chemistry and reduces its capacity and life like nothing else.

So, a few months later I’m pleased to present the first version of The Phantom Angel, a dedicated discharger for Phantom 2 and Phantom 3 batteries.

It is super simple to use – just plug in the battery, press the button, wait for 20-30 minutes and when it reaches around 60% charge it will stop.

For the first 50 people (aka Guinea pigs) to order one I’d like to offer the Angel at cost. P2 Angels are ready to ship and P3 angels are a pre-order.

Check it out and grab yourself one at http://phantomangel.rocks

And please do send me any questions, thoughts or feedback!

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Seems like this could be very useful.

I know the Inspire guys could use one since there seem to be issues regarding running them down to the 5-10% range for a full recycle???

And your Angel is far better looking than a row of auto light bulbs! :)

Hey Moto - you're absolutely right! My dad (another addict!) has an inspire and has been complaining about the 5-10% business. I'm looking into it although discharging 6S beasts is a different kettle of fish (let alone accurately discharging to 5%). But it is on the list :)

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
It is indeed a whole different ballgame - but you have a good start here, so maybe you'll come up with something.

Keep us updated.

Hey guys - quick update.

By popular demand I've updated the paypal button thingy to now accept credit card payments without needing a paypal account...

Hi guys,

Since launching the Phantom Angel (a dedicated P2/P3 battery storage discharger) a couple of months ago I've had loads of discussions with Phantom pilots about their batteries.
What I saw was that the majority of new pilots were not aware of standard LiPo practices and were surprised and grateful when I shared some of what I've learnt over the years.

So, with that in mind, I've created a concise, newbie-friendly guide to all things LiPo. If you don't know how to store your battiers, how to keep them from exploding or how to tell your watts from your amps, this guide's for you :)

http://phantomangel.rocks/lipoguides/top-tips-for-happy-phantom-batteries.html

Hope you find it useful and please do send over any and all thoughts and comments.

Proto