Noob from Staffordshire UK

davethepitch

Hello all

I have been into the R/C hobby for about 2 years and most of that time i have spent learning how to build and setup 450 helicopters and finally messing about with small helicopters the Blade mCPX trying to better them by converting them to brushless and modding etc.

My flying skills are pretty bad as all i have done is messed and not learned to fly although i can hover, fly forwards, backwards, left and right and a bit of nose in and even been brave and hovered at about 60 feet up and flew away and brought it back.

After reading different quadcopter forums i thought i would try one so i purchased a Blade mQX and i thought ok i like these quads so i upgraded and purchased a 450 Flame wheel with a Crius all in one pro with gps set up to be able to loiter, auto level, altitude hold, way points and i had the gear switch set up for the return to home setting. :)

On my second flight i let the quad get to far away and to high and i completely lost orientation and off it went over high trees out of site so i thought ok i will flick the gear switch and let it come back to home. :cocksure:

But i didn't
:heart-borken: it carried on somewhere else and i spent days looking for it and i eventually found out it had landed on a roof and the quad had three damaged arms a damaged motor and it broke a tile on a roof and the lady had put it in her wheelie bin as she did not know what it was or where it came from.

So to cut a long boring story short a paid for the damaged tile on the roof and decided call it a day but i liked quads so much i just had to buy another so i purchased a basic 450 Flame wheel and Crius MultiWill SE.

At the moment i am trying to find some suitable landing gear for my 450 Flame wheel and i am not sure whether to try some Trex 600 skids but i am unsure if they would be suitable or would they put stress on the bottom plate of the frame or is there a proper landing gear available for my quad.

Thank you

Dave

Last edited by a moderator: