Non-gopro action-camera gimbal for Quattro-X

BrightonVideoer

Hello everyone. I am planning on doing some amateur-level aerial videoing. I am new to the world of quadcopters but I've been researching them for the last week and I'm definitely thinking of buying the Twister Quattro-X quadcopter. I might get the additional 1980 x 720p camera system too (for approx £70 extra) for my initial videoing efforts, but I would ideally want to use my JVC Adixxion GC-XA2 action camera (due to its better resolution/video quality). Would I really notice a significant difference in video quality between the Quattro x's 1080 x 720p resolution versus the JVC's 1920 x 1080p resolution?

The two things I would really appreciate feedback on are:

1) Is there a rubber-isolated gimbal out there which would specifically accommodate my JVC camera while being fully compatible with the Quattro-X (without needing any modifications), and is position-controllable via the transmitter? Otherwise, has anybody tried mounting the JVC to the supplied gimbal (using tape or any improvised method)?

2) Do these action-cameras generally tend to have the quad's undercarriage struts visible in the footage? It certainly seems that the £70 optional camera avoids this struts issue with just the occasional bit of props showing when the cam is pointed forward. If I mounted the JVC on the supplied (gopro-compatible) gimbal, could I maybe push the JVC forward a bit and use a counterweight further back to make sure it is centrally balanced during flight?

I really appreciate all and any feedback/advice on these questions. I am reasonably practical (hence my willingness to adapt the supplied gimbal if necessary), but I don't want to have to do mods on the actual part of the gimbal which attaches to the quad (ie. rubber grommets etc).

BrightonVideoer

Yes, good idea Bartman :) Hopefully that will help others advise me about whether I could fix this particular action-cam to the supplied gimbal. I am thinking, maybe, of placing a narrow (1 inch wide) flat metal strut across the supplied gimbal and extending the JVC cam a bit forwards while placing a counterweight at the back, to balance out centre of gravity. Meanwhile, does anybody have experience of the supplied camera?

This is a link to my local supplier, showing the quad and cam. http://www.sussex-model-centre.co.uk/shopexd.asp?id=49366

And here is a link showing the supplied gimbal close up http://attachments.modelengines.com.au/products/images_large/45636.JPG?r=1407391715