Newbie!

Bahnzai

New member, same problems. I have had flyaways, but that adds to the excitement of the hobby.
I am presently setting up a Tarot 680, Spektrum 9020, WKM -V2. The assistant is helpful, but this is different from my NAZA M V2. X1 and X3 are reversed. I followed freemarlochip on youtube for the Naza, but the WKM is a bit more challenging. I don't want the heart break of another flyaway. On the table, I am getting 2 purple flashes. I know that means a stick is not centered. Am I supposed to start with throttle mid way DX-9 or, does this mean sticks are not centered on the assistant? After doing the calibration, it appears rudder is to be trimmed to get it to go green. Should I center it via sub-trim? A little help please?

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
rudder should center after calibration, throttle should be centered before finishing calibration. sticks not centered is normal during flight but WKM will flash two greens anyway
i don't think sub-trim is the way to go for the rudder.

Bahnzai

I have tried to re-calibrate a couple of times. Elevator, and Aileron center to green fine. However, rudder (if all trim, and sub-trim are zero) comes up as black, not green in center. After calibration, I can get it to green, but I have to use trim or subtrim. I don't think I had this problem with Naza.

Does anyone else use Spektrum with Wookong. I would be interest on how they set up the 6,and 7 channels. or X 2 and X 3.