Newbie from Staten Island, New York

Hey all.. I new to this forum and more importantly new to Multi-Rotors (RCs in general)
Wife sent a Video of a quad filming Niagra falls.. and I didn't notice there was a waterfall in the video.. was just in love with the quad.
I got bit Hard ... always loved RCs just never had time from my other Hobbies/sports to fulfill my yearn.... (though I did get an RC plane once just so i can build it... never flew as I never went for my AMA license etc.... ) it was a phantom.. after some homework I ended up buying one... flew it, crashed it, fixed it, LOVE it!! ended up buying a WLToys V222 ( so i can practice ) haven't gotten it yet and now I'm intrigued with building my own (fixing the Phantom made me notice that I enjoyed tinkering almost as much as flying it (and all i did was replace a motor and prop)) and all this in the last two months..
Looking at the Tarot 690s, Arris M680 or ATG-X6-700 Dual arm....

Anyways... I know forums are the best ways of getting info and knowledge ... so here I am..

and BTW.. Happy Holidays all...

COMike93yj

Still Building!
Hey all.. I new to this forum and more importantly new to Multi-Rotors (RCs in general)
Wife sent a Video of a quad filming Niagra falls.. and I didn't notice there was a waterfall in the video.. was just in love with the quad.
I got bit Hard ... always loved RCs just never had time from my other Hobbies/sports to fulfill my yearn.... (though I did get an RC plane once just so i can build it... never flew as I never went for my AMA license etc.... ) it was a phantom.. after some homework I ended up buying one... flew it, crashed it, fixed it, LOVE it!! ended up buying a WLToys V222 ( so i can practice ) haven't gotten it yet and now I'm intrigued with building my own (fixing the Phantom made me notice that I enjoyed tinkering almost as much as flying it (and all i did was replace a motor and prop)) and all this in the last two months..
Looking at the Tarot 690s, Arris M680 or ATG-X6-700 Dual arm....

Anyways... I know forums are the best ways of getting info and knowledge ... so here I am..

and BTW.. Happy Holidays all...

Welcome DragonBack!

I am in a similar situation and purchased a Nano QX that I use with my Spektrum DX8. Fun little thing and I am getting better each flight :)

I am going to be building a quad over the next couple of months and am researching all the things I must purchase before doing so.

Happy Thanksgiving to you!

Mike :)

PS....I am hoping to learn enough so that I might be able to snag a couple of Black Friday deals!

kompuntu

Hi all!
Another Staten Island n00b here. Any suggestions as to where to go fly multi-rotors on the island and around it? I just finished building my first (F550) and realized that my tiny backyard is not an appropriate "venue" for it...