New to Drone flying

Crash N' Burn

Hello. I own a Hubsan h501SS and am having fun and challenges with it. I've been an FAA licensed pilot for almost 40 years and if I flew my airplane like I fly this drone I'd be dead long time ago...*s
i started drone flying last winter when I bought an inexpensive Radio Shack "Accelerator" model when they were having huge going out of business sales. I was warned by the sales person that that model had no GPS so be careful and that the range was very limited. I subsequently watched my drone fly away on a gusty day over the tree tops and disappear. I ended up getting it returned to me since battery power was short and it crashed atop the roof of a nursing home. Luckily I had the smarts to list my name and cell phone number on the fuselage.
In the meantime, I bought my Hubsan h501. What a cool and easy flying bird! GPS is well worth it and has helped bring her home on several occasions other than one mission I was flying that I knew I was too low but continued to descend.....right into an Oak tree at 29 meters up! That escapade cost me $80 to have a climber ascend and bring it down for me. I couldn't press the video stop button in time and now the video on the micro SD never finished completing so it appears as a broken link. There was a video somewhere in drone world describing the procedure on completing a busted vid link but I can't seem to find it. Can anyone send me that link? I appreciate it. On my 'To-Do' list is mounting an external 5.8g antenna and stripping the drone to it's bare shell to spray paint it fluorescent orange!
Mike