New OS-RC trnasmiter system

Hey Denny, yes I am in Pafos.

As soon as I receive my unit you are welcome to check it out.

I have emailed them and they said: "We just begun manufacturing plans and distribution schedules. We plan to begin shipment to all customers within late 3rd quarter of this year, around late August.

If you need more information then don't hesitate to ask. Since we are in Cyprus we can schedule for you to see the device you Pre-Ordered :) We go flying every weekend in Larnaca so you are just one phone call away."

DennyR

Hey Denny, yes I am in Pafos.

As soon as I receive my unit you are welcome to check it out.

I have emailed them and they said: "We just begun manufacturing plans and distribution schedules. We plan to begin shipment to all customers within late 3rd quarter of this year, around late August.

If you need more information then don't hesitate to ask. Since we are in Cyprus we can schedule for you to see the device you Pre-Ordered :) We go flying every weekend in Larnaca so you are just one phone call away."

You flying this week, I can show you an F1 in action. dennyrowland@mac.com

Would really like to see the F1 Denny! Unfortunately I am swamped with work this time of year. Some other time perhaps.

Last edited by a moderator:

Denny did you meet up with Demitri and had a chance to see the tx?
If so I would really like to hear what you think about the unit.

DennyR

Well today I did a demo flight with an F1 at Larnaka and guess what, I got my hands on this amazing Tx. yes it is amazing It is going to be a must have for AP. Nice to meet the creator in person. It would take a few pages to describe this device but it is beautifully made and cleverly designed. August is the release date.

I didn't want to give it back. It's simply light years ahead of what we currently have.

Attachments

• New Tx..jpg
    New Tx..jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 266
  • New Tx-2.jpg
    New Tx-2.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 213
Last edited by a moderator:

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
i'd like to see a small knurled knob on top of the left stick for controlling camera tilt. with a little practice I think it could make the one-man pilot/cameraman more possible. i sent them an email asking about it.
great looking piece of equipment.

Gizmoman

Hi everyone,

Glad you like the system. We worked hard to make it as intuitive and helpful as possible. If you have any questions then don't hesitate to ask here or in our Forum at www.gizmoforyou.com

Demetris.

Macsgrafs

Demetris, thats probably the best looking TX I have seen in the RC world, love the way the sticks move.

Ross

DennyR

i'd like to see a small knurled knob on top of the left stick for controlling camera tilt. with a little practice I think it could make the one-man pilot/cameraman more possible. i sent them an email asking about it.
great looking piece of equipment.

That is what those two pads at the bottom are for. That screen unit is also detachable. So you have best of both! Many options of how to conf.

Sid3ways

Yes that bottom area will also be offered with a screen and those knobs are for a potential 3-axis independent camera control. You could essentially set it on GPS hold and have independent control of the gimbal or set your waypoint flight and then have the separate controls while it flies. :)

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
DennyR
Thanks for the explanation. I'm interested though in being able to control the camera tilt while flying the helicopter manually so I need all fingers on the sticks for that. A little knob or slider on the left stick that I could manipulate with my middle finger or pointer/thumb would be awesome. Actually, a knurled ring around the left stick, about a half an inch below the top of the stick, and slightly thicker than the stick itself would allow me to control it with my middle finger while also still gripping the top of the stick with my usual two fingers.

It would allow me to yaw and tilt while also manually controlling the heli's path.

DennyR

Bart
Who knows how long before we have auto object tracking as well. I was playing with that a while back, the guys at Guildford Uni did something similar with Predator. I used optic flow sensors on the LCD but gave it up due to the time and money these things can take. A few people out there have it working now.

Thing is Bart you can conf. that thing almost any way that you want. I have always found that good Video is a two man job. Beyond visual range or even a little too far out for comfort it is nice to have switchable camera view. One from the small FPV and one for the main camera. You can't see the pitch and roll from a stabilised camera until it's too late if you are trying to recover from distance disorientation.

Gizmoman

We just uploaded a nice video with some opinions from the Larnaca field.

DennyR, i believe your F1 (i think that's what you call it) is in there too. Enjoy everyone :)

Next week we should have a longer clip with an interview from an local RC Champion as well.