new naza firmware and assistant software

kloner

Aerial DP
do we dare?

oooo oooo, it has ppm support and gimble servo frequency options. i gotta check it out

kloner

Aerial DP
Wow, the gimble smoothed out alot. can't wait to get back and ditch all these wires and go to ppm. Sweet!!!!!

tyor

I got futaba s3150. before the upgrade the tilt servo would move a little upp and down when I was hovering. Now it seems like the servo got better resolution.

kloner

Aerial DP
was trying to find the input frequency for that servo and it's nowhere to be found. mine is 333hz, this thing has 200hz or 400hz. i'll try 400, got a spare servo to bring along

agree, the servo smoothed out a ton on mine. Have a rubber band hanging off it, kinda how i look at it inside to see what happens when i change stuff on it. if it shakes, the camera does. it is smooth as silk as you move it around

Have either of you tried the IMU calibration? From what I read this looks to be strictly for horizontal stabilzation so i'm guessing this won't help my vertical problem any?

kloner

Aerial DP
no i didn't. should probably go fly this thing before i leave and make sure it's not required to work

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Have either of you tried the IMU calibration? From what I read this looks to be strictly for horizontal stabilzation so i'm guessing this won't help my vertical problem any?

The tool allows you to check the IMU status first, if it needs calibration, do it, if not... well, I firmly believe if it ain't broke, don't "fix" it... ;)

Ken

kloner

Aerial DP
now that's bitchen........ didn't see it up there in tools menu. That makes it so you can tweak your hover, and now mines as hands free in atti as gps. That's sweet. Why it wasn't there along is a mystery

in that other thread with the dx8 gain guy, he aasked about a disable all knobs, never saw it before but there it is. What's that do?

nosedive

The IMU calibration sounds interesting.

I get a bit of drift forward and to the right in atti mode even after ensuring naza is centered and horizontal and the craft is balanced etc.

Can this be fixed with the new firmware?

ALso i dont have the GPS addon so I have been using the software version before GPS was added. Can you still use the new software if you dont have the GPS addon?

kloner

Aerial DP
in one word "YES"

the imu cali fixed everything about any drift i ever had. i put it flat on a table that looked level, redid calibration, flew it and it was worse, so went back and attempted to level it with paper on my cups and the second try i picked it up off the ground and it sat there perfect in atti. mine was off like .7 .2 and .4, hitting calibrate makes those 0-0-0 and she doesn't try correcting

However, i experianced one lockover this weekend and i hadn't seen that for months. let go of the sticks and even in a gimble could see it pitching back and right, really hard but only for a few seconds. it's like somebody else is in control

that was from letting go to full left and forward cyclic. the gimble doesn't go down 20 degrees, when i was starting to look up i could tell it was in trouble. makes my ticker skip a beat

Last edited by a moderator:

Gee.......got no choice now! Got to try it! Honestly, I was relatively happy and impressed with the current settings but everything can be improved. Let's give it a shot!

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
I guess I'm lucky, all of mine seem solid and locked in both in atti and gps mode. Then again it would be hard to tell if they were off a bit, it's rarely if ever completely windless here so there's always some amount of movement regardless...

Got several good flights in with the TBS Disco/Naza on Saturday morning, did a couple with the QAV500/Naza as well. Had two chances to test how well RTH works with the QAV, twice I lost the video, just went to static suddenly. Once was close enough to see it but not to fly it back LOS, the second time it was close to a half mile away and well out of sight. The second time as soon as the video went to static I hit the throttle to climb out knowing I was only about 15 or 20 feet off the deck when I lost video then after a few seconds flipped the switch to activate failsafe. Had a minute or two of angst waiting to see it coming in and then there it was flying a nice straight line back to the takeoff point. Now I need to track down the loose connection on the QAV that's causing the video to drop out and I won't have to hit the failsafe switch again.

Nice to know you can rely on things like that to work, I think I'll wait a while before I upgrade the firmware as well, right now I know what I have and that it works 100%!

Ken

Tahoe Ed

Ok, call me stupid. I just updated my Discovery with Naza GPS and I saw no IMU calibration. What am I missing?

Edit: It is called RTFM. Found it and it said everything is ok and calibration was not needed.

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
even when it says no calibration needed only means it's in range, not setup perfect. mine was in range too, nothing over 1.0 but mine never hovered in place hands free in atti till now. mine was .7, .2, .3

now there 0,0,0 and you can set down the remote with no wind