New Moderator

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Hi Everyone,
Please join me in thanking our very own Droider for volunteering to be a site moderator. He brings an extreme outside/active photography and video background with him and has caught the multi-rotor bug in a big way.
Moderators are not censors and aren't necessarily experts on every topic. They're just enthusiastic people that are active on the site making them readily available should problems or issues arise within individual threads.
Thanks again Droider! I really appreciate it.
Bart

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Eh up Bart.. you said nowt about loosing the 'full blown hucker' title :p

Hope I can help and contribute to make it go on as successfully as it is now. .. Had all sorts of titles in the past but never a Moderator :cool:.. Ill do me best.... NOW WATCH OUT YOU LOT or Ill give you all detention.. ;)

Bartman

Dave,
I know your little fingers did a lot of dancing to get that title so here you go, let me know if it suits you.
Thanks again,
Bart

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
BTW, What is a 'hucker'?

Hi Crash.. the reason I loved the hucker title that Bart gave me was that is a term used in down hill mountain biking for some one who can nail the jumps big time.. Dont think Bart knew that when he gave the the title 'Full Blown Hucker"..

I do still have hair but I put that down to the amount of time my head has been an a 'CRASH' helmet! Now it aint in one so much I may have to grow a combover!

Dave

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Should we put him on spammer watch right away, or wait a while?

Ken.. think you may need to fill me in a bit more on that!

I await instructions and am at the starting gate... weather is absolutely pants here today so looks like I will be checking the bird over and looking at FPV and firmware upgrading!

Dave

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Ken.. think you may need to fill me in a bit more on that!

I await instructions and am at the starting gate... weather is absolutely pants here today so looks like I will be checking the bird over and looking at FPV and firmware upgrading!

Dave

Sorry, there ain't no manual, you just learn it as you go, kind of like an MK...;)

It's a bit of an inside joke as when this forum first came online Bart and I spent way more time deleting spam and banning spammer accounts than we did posting, or at least it seems that way. Since Bart changed the signup so that spambots can't automatically create accounts we've had hardly any spam at all, much better all around.

And for the hair thing, I have none at all and my head has spent as much time in an Arai full coverage helmet as it has out, didn't do darn thing for the follicles! :eek:

Ken

P.S. it looks like its going to be a great day for flying here, as soon as the last batts finish charging I'm packing up the car and heading out to the field with the entire fleet.

Last edited by a moderator:

matwelli

so.... does that mean i need to stop calling Droider a "droidworx fanboy" in fear of being moderated ?

:D :D

Good on ya Droider for stepping up to help Bart.

Congrats Droider! I also want to say congrats to Bart on this great site. I know things started slow and there was a reason you started it. However, it has grown into a great site in it's own right, with great contributors and I think it's a breath of fresh air. Thanks!

BTW I'm back in 100% and I still hate the MKTR!

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
so.... does that mean i need to stop calling Droider a "droidworx fanboy" in fear of being moderated ?

Steady... steady... I feel the force building in my fingers!

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Congrats Droider! I also want to say congrats to Bart on this great site. I know things started slow and there was a reason you started it. However, it has grown into a great site in it's own right, with great contributors and I think it's a breath of fresh air. Thanks!

BTW I'm back in 100% and I still hate the MKTR!

whole hearted agreement there Eric, well about what bart has done... but I feel for you.. why hate the MKTR whats up with it?

Bartman

Easy, easy there folks. I couldn't have done anything without the lot of you being here and behaving like exemplary human beings (that happen to spend their time/money flying multi-whirlies).
Redhotpearl was an early adopter, as was RTRyder so thanks to them for the early encouragement to make it work. Thanks too for the kind words.
Bart

Bartman

just nabbed a spammer in the vendors' area. not as many these days but they still show up from time to time.
edit:
and another, the new guy, strabas. i enter a person's IP address or email address at the site www.stopforumspam.com, if i get a hit i just go ahead and ban the user. is what it is.

moslow

Congrats Droider, I'm sure you will be a great asset to this forum and as I am going to need plenty of schooling on setting up for a camera on my new byrd I will be asking lots of ?s.
P.S I always thought Hucker was a corn picker or somethin like that....lol

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
P.S I always thought Hucker was a corn picker or somethin like that....lol

Yo Moslow.. guess it means different thing to different peeps.. I have worn high heels as well in the past!!

Bartman

the 3D plane and helicopter guys use the term "hucking" for flying that is beyond explanation (or something like that but you get the point).
i guess i was feeling a little dopey the night i put that in there.
bart

moslow

Had to look it up... Hucking = To recklessly launch yourself off huge jumps with little regard for your safety. One who throws himself/herself wildly through the air and does not land on his/ her feet....Hucking is a small hamlet and civil parish in the Maidstone District of Kent, England. The parish is governed by a parish meeting.. Ok i'm done LOL.....