New MK firmware.86

Macsgrafs

If I wasnt confused before...I am now!!!! Turn this way, point north, move this stick, rotate this, push this stick....HELP :dejection:

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
If I wasnt confused before...I am now!!!! Turn this way, point north, move this stick, rotate this, push this stick....HELP :dejection:

I've cleaned up the Germanglish text version of how to do the calibration, hope this makes things a little clearer...

1.Pull back (down) on the Elevator (nick) stick and at the same time Full Throttle (up) with Rudder left (There will be One long Beep).

2.Move the Elevator/Nick stick to bottom to go into Step 2 of the calibration (the clicking sound starts, on older firmware versions there will be no clicking sound)

3.Rotate the MikroKopter a few times around the tilt (Nick) axis (which is defined by the direction the arrow on the FC is pointing) and with axis orientation (arrow direction) facing in a North / South direction until the buzzer stops beeping

4.Rotate the MikroKopter a few times around the roll axis (with axis orientation in a North / South direction) until the buzzer stops beeping

5.Pull the Elevator/Nick stick down to move from Step 2 to Step 3

6. 8.Once again, pull the Elevator/Nick stick down to start the Z-axis calibration (Step 4)

7.Rotate the MikroKopter a few times in direction of either the roll or nick axis (with axis orientation to North / South) until the buzzer stops beeping

8.Pull the Elevator/Nick stick down -> end of the calibration and store the calibration data

You should now have a green led on the navi and there should be no compass error repported in MKtool.

If you have a Navi board with the MK3Mag built in it will not make the clicking sound, this calibration method will still work.

Ken

Last edited by a moderator:

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Brilliant Ken.. With that and the video there should be no problem for anyone.

Plingboot.. thats the same as I posted BUT there are some other very helpful videos there..

Dave

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
Good Ole Holger!

I know that it is popular around here to bash MikroKopter and I have to say that they do provide grounds for it - I experienced first hand the quality control problem with a couple of their boards with my very first purchase - but I at least Holger is still beavering away on the software. With the recent exception of the strange FW0.86 temperature business (which has not been totally resolved as far as I know) I have faith in his work.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Nice to see that feature added.. In an emergency at least you will get the copter back just hope the landing can be smoothed out a bit.. but yes nice to see them actively posting up and coming features which is a total change in policy for MK

Dave