New member from London England

menor95

Hello all,

My name is Pascal and I am from London in the United Kingdom. Soon I am looking to either build my first hex using an Arris M680 frame + an NEX 5 or 6 with an FPV system. I have to say that the Phantom 3 is tempting me too but I guess it just can't compare to a proper rig + camera with interchangeable lenses for professional work. Am I wrong? Looking forward to talking to you all :D :D

Pascal

Last edited by a moderator:

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Pascal,

First of all, welcome to MultiRotorForums.com, you'll learn a lot from the great member community here, maybe too much sometimes!

When you have an application in mind and you're not just building to flap and flitter around it's best to first define what you're end goal is, in your case which camera do you really want to fly? The Phantom 3 has its own camera but you'd need to be ok with that as opposed to the NEX you mentioned in your introduction. If you're ok with DJI supplying the camera then the Phantom 3 is a perfectly legit way to get in and to get flying. If, on the other hand you prefer to have flexibility then the Phantom can't provide that.

A good first build is usually something simple and easy to complete with a high probability of success. The first build makes all of the unknowns come into focus and future decisions seem much simpler. Surf over to our F450 group build in the Beginners' Lounge and see if it interests you. There are better inexpensive flight control systems out there now so don't assume the NAZA-M V2 is necessary to do the build. There are a few sub $50 flight control boards out there that will let you do the build, have a fun quad for learning, and leave you with enough knowledge to keep reading and have a better grasp of the issues in planning your next, more capable rig.

Welcome and good luck!
Bart