NEW Hammer x12 (a 12 motor beast )

hjls3

Nicely done guys. Looking forward to learning more about the setup in the future. But for now, I must clean my keyboard...

Last edited by a moderator:

FerdinandK

Great, looks pretty stable now :D
Looking forward to your X16 ...

You can also test the control-reaction of the copter by plugging in a 2S lipo, that is much safer that what you did.

best regards

Ferdinand

kloner

Aerial DP
each arm has a counter rotating set of props....... unless they are cracking the da vinci code, pretty sure is how it could easily be done.....

FerdinandK

I am not sure what Lanzar really used, but this is one option to run a X12 with WKM:

X12Y6Rev.JPG

best regards

Ferdinand

remyd

Out of interest why is the push for more motors rather than bigger props with a suitable motor using a traditional configuration. I remember seeing the evolo crowd using 16 Hacker motors to lift a person using what appeared to be 24*12 inch props.

Is there a problem with using low kv (say 200) high torque motors, with props that have a high pitch say 24*12 with the DJI system in say a traditional X8 configuration? Maybe these props are a bit extreme but if you wanted to lift real heavy (including masses of batteries).

just curious?

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
why would you choose y6 over a hex config? Without 12 separate controllers, you really only need to splice each signal to 2 separate esc's/motors, right?

FerdinandK

@remyd
From my point of view, if you found a nice Prop/Motor/Esc Kombo, that is a valuable thing. So instead of testing/evaluating new motor/prop/esc combos, you can rely on what you have already tested, and increase the payload via more motors. If you have already a hex or an octo or a quad frame, I would put as much motors as possible on it, so you can save weight and the copter stays "small" (compared to a "non-coax-config").

@IrisAerial
I am not sure to understand your question, but the Y6Rev config to control a X12 is "symmetric" whereas the hex-config is not, (it might be necessary to adjust the FC by a few degrees in the right direction, but most likely you will not notice the non-symmetry).
You have to combine the signals of the escs of the motors written in the picture to one output of your FC (this can also be done with a kk-board).

best regards

Ferdinand

SMP

Out of interest why is the push for more motors rather than bigger props with a suitable motor using a traditional configuration. I remember seeing the evolo crowd using 16 Hacker motors to lift a person using what appeared to be 24*12 inch props.

Is there a problem with using low kv (say 200) high torque motors, with props that have a high pitch say 24*12 with the DJI system in say a traditional X8 configuration? Maybe these props are a bit extreme but if you wanted to lift real heavy (including masses of batteries).

just curious?

+1 Curious as well.

Pablo74

I would not put two engines on a single esc, but with Y-cable output deal WKM two engines.
Does it work? who knows :)

Lanzar

I would not put two engines on a single esc, but with Y-cable output deal WKM two engines.
Does it work? who knows :)
firts off all we are using hercules boards and not esc. well never taught off trying to run 2motors from 1 esc. will try it on desk.

Pablo74

firts off all we are using hercules boards and not esc. well never taught off trying to run 2motors from 1 esc. will try it on desk.

I did not mean that used by you, was my hypothesis
that as a first approach I tried so maybe I would.
I do not doubt your test :)