New Contender to the MultiRotor Market

FOX222

We have a new entry to the MRC market. But not a new company. If you guys come from the rc heli world then you have heard of Miniature Aircraft USA. I have owned at least 20 of their models known as Xcell over the years and still have a Stratus and a Pro2K. If their Multi's are any like their heli's, look out MK!
The new line will be called Rotor X and has some very interesting features.

Autonomous Flight Board
Designed to be an augmentation for the current Rotor X control board and the up coming Rotor X Pro-control board. It will have 3 axis Gyro, 3 axis accelerometer, magnetometer, barometer, GPS and sonar. This sensor array is intended to provide extra stability through the SMD gyros and accelerometers, digital heading hold via the magnetometer (compass), barometer for height hold, GPS for waypoint navigation, position hold and return to base, and sonars for autonomous landing. It will also have a wifi module for easy waypoint upload, and firmware upgradable. There will be a serial comms header and pins to connect to the RX input on the Rotor X boards to basically control where they go. Price and release date TBA.

Attachments

• RotorX.jpg
    RotorX.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 282

CopterCam

I agree with Fox222 on his experience of the MinAir. products. I own a Spectra G which is gathering dust now that I have gravitated towards Multicopters.

The quality of components, value and customer support is excellent, the emergence of this new MRC supplier can only be good news for us. They obviously see the MRC market as a rapidly growing one and the more suppliers of quality products at affordable prices the better.

Sid

Kilby

I guess they just showed this product line to the public for the first time at the Toledo Show. Looks promising, but I'm curious what the pricing will be like.

A1-Rotor-X-On-Display-At-Toledo-Expo-500x315.jpg

FOX222

Interesting stuff John, do you have any idea of their target price?

Thanks for the post

No not yet. A friend went to the Toledo show and brought back the flier I attached. They told him the quad would release this month. I think is going to get the quad when they come out. I am more interested in the hexa with full navi plus sonar for auto landing. They claim it can carry a payload of up to 8 pounds! That I would have to see to beleive.

MinAirUSA

Hey Guys, we are almost ready to release our Quad. We call it a "404" meaning 40cm motor to motor, and 4 motors. It's going to be priced at $599. We just did a promo video with our sponsored pilot Bobby Watts. Check it out here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQHP3i9ePnY

Our 404 model comes with a KK based board as standard, but we are working on some other variants, as well as working with some other control board manufacturers to have more options.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask :)

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
I agree with Fox222 on his experience of the MinAir. products. I own a Spectra G which is gathering dust now that I have gravitated towards Multicopters.

The quality of components, value and customer support is excellent, the emergence of this new MRC supplier can only be good news for us. They obviously see the MRC market as a rapidly growing one and the more suppliers of quality products at affordable prices the better.

Sid

I sold my Spectra G a few weeks ago to finance the build of MK Hexa #2 but I still have my XCell Fury Expert. Good quality stuff though everything I have is from before the company was bought by the current owners, hopefully the standards are the same and the pricing lower now that its not a mom and pop operation anymore. That was always my biggest fear when flying with the helis, what the repair cost would be if it went down, kind of took a lot of the fun out of it.

Competition is good and having a US based builder is even better, I'm sure we'll all be watching this one.

Ken

Emowillcox

Just checked out their video. Really nice and professional looking video. Wonder if that small one will be able to haul a small camera.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Another video made on a Mac! easypeesy stuff. BUT very professional looking. Nice little quad there and reasonably priced. Wonder if they have a UK distributor lined up.