New build coming up

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
So, I enjoy flying around my F450, but it would seem I have already outgrown it. Next year sometime I am thinking of making a move to a F550 as my F450 does not have the lift required for what I am wanting to do with it. Will probably sell it on to semi-fund the next build.

In the up and coming months I am intending to load on to my F450 a GPS unit and FPV Gear. Probably looking into FatShark equipment and maybe expanding on it slowly by adding an Inversion 500Mw TX and some eagle tree Head Up Display. For the main project next year I am thinking of building an ARF F550 with WooKong M setup, maybe later moving from the standard DJI Motors to some lower KV Motors and 12 Inch props, possibly running 6S. I would love to go for the 800, but that is way out of my league price wise, but I may probably end up running the extended arms to allow for my prop size which should take it to 800 size.

Although I get great still shots from my F450 and my GoPro Hero II, I feel the need to move away from the GoPro and get something bigger and better. The video is not great with the F450 setup and I still have issues with the props in the photos. This being the main reason I bought landing gear for the F450, and this is when I realized my F450 can't lift the required weight without shooting off into the air, my throttle is over 50% before it lifts off. Not good in Atti mode.

Your thoughts on this are welcome, it is going to be a slow build if I get time to do this. A new job requiring me to travel a lot will dictate how this will all pan out.

How much can one expect to recover from a used F450 with Naza and GPS ARF? No radio gear.