Nebbie New Build Questions.

g60jet

Ok so i think I am 95% sure what I am going to build

To Get me going
DJI F550 Flame Wheel
Nava M V2 with GPS
Futaba 8j Radio Mode 2 (used to LH throttle on all models no dont see a reason to change unless anyone can give me some insight.
Standard DJI legs to start.
OSI mini and Blue tooth mo

Later on when I know i can fly and not crash to much.

GoPro 3+Black (cos it's lighter mainly.) I have concerns about the fish eye and Aerial Pics, anoyone got any input?
Gymbal of some sort, probably Zenmuse-h3-2d,
Ipad Ground Station

is osd Mini worth it?
which batteries 3s or 4s or pairs? which are the best type on the market?

Anyone got any input on the best way to spur power off the main battery. I am in several minds on which way to go with this, do I solder a termainal to the main power board from day one, or just solder more and more wires into it?

Any input would be great. thanks

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
Have a look at the new T10J Futaba radio, new and nice.

Bluetooth, never felt the need.

GoPro3 Black Plus is exactly the same weight as a GoPro3 Black, unless you do the focus adjust on the Plus you are better off with the Black.

Have OSD Mini on two quads, love it, worth every cent.

The DJI Flamewheel has a built in power distro board as part of the bottom board.

henrysj

for batteries would definitely go 4s if your looking to add gimbal and gopro etc. I use 4s 5000mah on my f450 fully loaded and only just getting 10min flight times

g60jet

Have a look at the new T10J Futaba radio, new and nice.

Do i really need 10 Channels is what Im asking myself, really, the 10j is nice but its another £100 on the price. I need 6 for my copter and gimbal, extra one or 2 to control the gimbal, but the 10j only has one rotary switch channel, years ago i know you could swap switchs for dials etc on radio gear, can you still do at.

Also i like the ideal of the data back from the craft, does the naze v2 support that via the s-bus?

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
Look for a used T8FG Super, I bought one last year for one of my kids, AUD$200 delivered, that is around UKP120, best value out there.

My advice with buying a new radio, is buy the best you can afford, the T10J or the T8FG are both radios you would grow into. I use 8 channels on my Disco Pro, could easily use another one or two if I wanted.

Pete