Naza M Lite flipping issues ? ?

ZANE

Evening all...
Not sure if this is the right section for this, but here it goes.
I have the following setup:
Alien 560 frame
Naza M Lite
TURNIGY Plush 30amp ESC's
Turnigy NTM Prop Drive 28-30S 800KV / 300W Motors
Turnigy TGY-i6 AFHDS Transmitter and 6CH Receiver

Heres what I have done.
Everything is installed (naza unit)
All ESC's are calibrated and all motors spin up at the same time.
I have set up the Naza as per the instruction (told it that I have a quadcopter)
All the motors spin in the motors spin in the correct orientation.
All the props ar on the correct way (clock wise, counter clockwise) and on the correct motors.
I've done the compass calibration (naza dance)
I have the unit in GPS mode (I've also done Altitude & Manual mode) with all the satellites present.

Now here's what's going wrong....
When I go to launch the quad keeps flipping over? and this is when its sat on the ground?

I arm the motors and they all spin at the same time and at what seems to be the same speed.
I then apply a little throttle. You can visible see the aircraft create lift.
Then apply a little more throttle and the back of the craft flips over the front.

I have tried arming then applying a continual amount of throttle... same thing happens.
I even tried arming then applying 3/4 throttle... the same thing happens and screw up a set of props?

PLLLLLEEEASSSE can some one advise whats going on.

Cheers
Zane

Jason S

Zane re-check you plugs that go into the naza thats my first guess, secondly a few pics of your set-up is handy there a lots and lots threads about this problem. Please search.

Stacky

As Jason said. The most common reason for quads flipping on lift off is an esc plugged in to the wrong port.

ZANE

Afternoon all,

I've checked and double checked the rotor rotations and they are all correct (as per the naza setup image).
All the ESC have been calibrated and I'm confident they are all spinning correctly. Plus they all spin up at the same time.
The one thing I thought about last night, was maybe the centre of balance isn't right.
What do you think about maybe it being to heavy on the front, so when all the motors fire up it lifts the back first and the system can't react quick enough to get the fronts up to speed ??
I must admit I'm not likely this Alien 560 folding frame. Everything seems to flex all over the place.
And balancing the thing is a bloody nightmare because all 4 arms are different weights.

Might bin it off and go back to my 450 frame or get another non-folding frame.

jbrumberg

I have a NAZA M-lite with GPS/Compass flight controller and I have had no problems at this point. From what I have read the NAZA M-lite is very sensitive to chassis vibration. Is your FC solidly fixed in place? I agree the more balanced the quad and the closer the FC is to COG/COE the better it should perform in theory.

I launch and land in either ALT or manual. It seems the flight controller gets "confused" (prop wash turbulence?) at launch while in GPS mode.

Jason S

Zane "I've checked and double checked the rotor rotations and they are all correct (as per the naza setup image)".
We are NOT talking about the rotation that can be still correct and the heli flip. Each motor/esc needs to put correctly into the NAZA. Motor 1 goes m1 etc... please double check this config

Just so we are clear..

Correct me if I am wrong

Attachments

• 200px-Quadcopter_motor_config.png
    200px-Quadcopter_motor_config.png
    29.1 KB · Views: 1,451

calvin baker jr

Evening all...
Not sure if this is the right section for this, but here it goes.
I have the following setup:
Alien 560 frame
Naza M Lite
TURNIGY Plush 30amp ESC's
Turnigy NTM Prop Drive 28-30S 800KV / 300W Motors
Turnigy TGY-i6 AFHDS Transmitter and 6CH Receiver

Heres what I have done.
Everything is installed (naza unit)
All ESC's are calibrated and all motors spin up at the same time.
I have set up the Naza as per the instruction (told it that I have a quadcopter)
All the motors spin in the motors spin in the correct orientation.
All the props ar on the correct way (clock wise, counter clockwise) and on the correct motors.
I've done the compass calibration (naza dance)
I have the unit in GPS mode (I've also done Altitude & Manual mode) with all the satellites present.

Now here's what's going wrong....
When I go to launch the quad keeps flipping over? and this is when its sat on the ground?

I arm the motors and they all spin at the same time and at what seems to be the same speed.
I then apply a little throttle. You can visible see the aircraft create lift.
Then apply a little more throttle and the back of the craft flips over the front.

I have tried arming then applying a continual amount of throttle... same thing happens.
I even tried arming then applying 3/4 throttle... the same thing happens and screw up a set of props?

PLLLLLEEEASSSE can some one advise whats going on.

Cheers
Zane