Naza Lite and PC connection

oshb5ems

Hello This is my first message on this forum and im looking for a little advice or help please.

First of all I bought a Naza Lite some time ago and I'm sure that when i bought it I could connect to it fine and I think I might have done the upgrade to make it a a V2 like you could back then. (But apparently you cannot do that now) SO I still have that unit and its in a box not being used.

Right I bought a DJI F450 that had the Naza lite installed and it also had a Orange RX and a Lemon satellite rx connect to the Orange Rx But I did buy it as ""not working"" It also came with a DX6i TX in a nice aluminium TX case and at a price I was prepared to take a risk at in buying it..

I got it home and it was in quite a mess the bottom plate of the F450 had been wood screwed to the landing legs in such a bodge job it had split the board. And it also had lots of lights on and the wiring was a nightmare. So I thought Id order a new bottom board but the only place I can get one is from China. So I decided it needed stripping down and a full rebuild.
But before I did that I wanted to try to find out why it was not working. So I removed the props and plugged in the battery. First thing I could see was that the RX was not bound to the TX. So I sorted that out.
Now on Battery connection I get the orange green flash then the 4 green flash followed by constant orange flash.
I thought Id plug it into the PC. So I downloaded the latest DJI Naza Lite assistant and also the DJI Driver installer. I followed the manual I plugged the USB Lead into the LED module, Then powered on Quad and then plugged it into the PC, The PC Pinged as it does when you plug in a USB device and the Naza LED Module stopped flashing orange and turned green and on full no flash.. I rand the DJI driver program and that reported that it had finished successfully. I then loaded the assistant But no matter how many times I tried or what way I did it nothing worked or it would not connect to the PC.

That's when I thought about getting the new one I still had safe n sound in a box in my hobby room. Now i'm not sure how much you need to have connected to the Naza lite before it will connect t the PC. But all I had was the Naza lite the LED module, The GPS module The VU module a battery to power the Naza and the USB lead needed to connect the Naza to the PC. Again I followed the connection sequence. But yet again It did not connect to the Naza. Now as I said im not sure if I need more things connected to the Naza to get it connected I dont know But Im sure I managed to connect to it before with just the bits I mentioned But now im unable to connect. And what is also funny I get the same things happening with both my new Naza and the Naza in the F450. In that as soon as both where plugged into the PC. They both acted like a USB device had been plugged in and the LED Module that was flashing orange then turned to constant Green led. So which means to me Its seen by the PC and is there wanting to be connected But for some reason the software is not connecting to it?
SO i.m wondering if its either a software problem as its the latest S/w from DJI i'm using and yet last time when I thought it connected was with the older Naza assistant. But no longer have it. Also I'm now running windows 10. So it could be a windows 10 problem as in the hardware list all it says is Com port 3 when the Naza is connected and thats all?.
I dont think it is a Naza problem as both seam to do exactly the same as each other when connecting Dont you think.

I also have another laptop which is running Windows 7 and I get the same thing happening with that PC as the other when connecting. And it says DJI comm port in the hardware list. But even though i'm using the DJI driver installer it just runs and runs saying searching for driver and which it never finds So i can no longer continue with that laptop due to driver not installing.? I know the driver program should find it but it dont. So if anyone has any way to get a driver for that laptop then please suggest away LOL.

So in short I'm looking for any suggestions as to what to do or try.just to get the Naza connected to the PC as that is the first step as far as i'm concerned in getting the quad working. Plus will also prove if the Naza is working or not??. So please any help at all really as i'm pulling my hair out as to why either of the damm things wont connect. Or should i say I think it connects to the PC but it wont talk or connect to the program (which I think is the answer Don't you?)
Also if anyone knows when to get a bottom board for the F450 from the UK please let me know..

Im sorry for this being a long drawn out message and iv gone on and on. But I though I would include as much information as I could.

Best regards OS

Lots to digest there. I haven't screwed around with my Naza in a while. It could be a windows 10 problem. I have had comm port problems with another component (gimbal) and it drove me nuts. When I commissioned a new craft I always had everything hooked up and connected like it was ready to fly, that means motor, ESC's, naza, bound receiver and the radio on. Everything always worked, I guess I just got lucky. Hopefully someone will have something meaningful to add. BTW those bottom plates are fairly common hobby king has a EU warehouse that will get to you faster than China. They changed their website and its harder to direct your order from a specific warehouse like you used to be able to but I think you still can.

RENOV8R

Long story short, yes it's a Windows 10 thing. DJI drivers are unpublished and W 10 blocks them them until you do a manual install. It's quite an easy process, just go into Youtube and do a search for Naza-M Windows 10 driver install. I'd link the video but I'm at work and Youtube is blocked

oshb5ems

Thanks for the info. I found another laptop out a little later and tried it on there as well and it all went in first time and it connected also both connected so at least I know its all working and so is the radio and TX it all seams to work Now so a I will rebuild it with the bits I have and a new bottom board and then work out how to do the setup before flying it. That said Id like to try the motors out and the ESCs before going any further
Can anyone help me out with that please Thank you.

regards |OS

RENOV8R

Just rebuild it and test the motors when you're done. When I'm doing a build, motor test is basically the last step before maiden flight