Naza gps compass calibration

EZDrone

No you cannot go into calibration mode with gps/attitude/failsafe . After calibration you can change manual to failsafe .

Maybe dumb question but I am new to all of this RC stuff. How do I change from failsafe mode to manual mode. I need to be able to put it into calibration mode. Thanks

olof

Osprey
Maybe dumb question but I am new to all of this RC stuff. How do I change from failsafe mode to manual mode. I need to be able to put it into calibration mode. Thanks

You do this in the assistant sw using your end point settings in your TX. There are good instruction videos online and it is in the manual.

It will be different depending on your TX. Here is one for Futaba 8FG TX.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmDehc5PEUQ&feature=endscreen

EZDrone

You do this in the assistant sw using your end point settings in your TX. There are good instruction videos online and it is in the manual.

It will be different depending on your TX. Here is one for Futaba 8FG TX.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmDehc5PEUQ&feature=endscreen

Thanks olof, that had me stumped for a while. I was trying to adjust from the assistant instead of the tx. Huge help and got me calibrated and flying tonight. Cheers!

Shaun_Kaz

HI.. I'm having problems with mine.. Everything was fine and I was hovering approx. 20ft and it just dropped to the floor on rocks the soldered wire came off.. I broke 2 props and the compass pole. The compass looks ok, however it struggles to get a lock. I can do all the compass calibration with no problems but all I get now is 3 red lights and 1 green where previously I had all green and hardly gets a lock so now so it just drifts.. Any ideas why its doing this is there any way of testing this. Thanks Shaun

Shaun, you may have a broken GPS, sadly. I had a similar issue of only getting 3 reds and a green, and I had to get a new GPS. Once I swapped it out, I got my GPS lock and everything was fine.
Did you get to the root cause of "it just dropping to the floor"? I would be concerned for flying it until you found that out.

Shaun_Kaz

Hi, yes the reason why it dropped.... At the time I was night flying hovering approx. 20ft then light went out and the quad dropped like a stone.. The reason was, where the wire from the battery solders onto the plate on the board the plate came off the board. Not sure why.. I have bought a new board and re-soldered the wire to the board. Looks like its going to be a new GPS then..Thanks Shaun

Bummer, dude. Sorry for the loss.
What you described may be that whoever soldered that joint may have heated it up too much. I've read that applying too much heat can loosen the pad from the board. What I do is basically melt the solder right above the pad, then as it melts I dab it on the pad and let it bead up and remove the heat. Then with the wire already tinned, briefly remedy the pad and attach the wire. Bottom line, don't apply heat too long to the pad.

airship

a good idea to let in place the wire is to apply some "hot glue" and this also prevent to short circuit any wire if there are something wrong.

regard the calibration in this day i have some issue with my naza v1 with gps and latest firmware... the MOD value of the compass in assistant is out of the dji suggested range... i have it at 500 and it must be more more big, so with some patience and want to do i have degaussed the compass with a magnet, try and try and now the value is at a reasonable value.

also... to enter in calibration mode i have neve had problems, i have the 3 way switch GPS-ATT-Failsafe
just switch it 6 times frome gps to atti and my yellow led go ready for the calibration.