Naza and large propeller proplem???

jascamera

Guys,

I have a custom 650mm quad frame and was running 3s with 12x6 and it was flying fine at 4lbs, till I started mounting gimbal, then flight time wasn't good and not enough authority.

Now at 8lbs, I want good flight time, so I am aiming to use 16" props with Multistar- 4822-390KV with 4s, lacking power, then I try 5s and then 6s. Base on the ecal, should have plenty of power, but it's just not flying very good and crashes quite easy.

Then, I try 16" props with T-Motor MN4014-9 Kv400 similar characteristics. I changed distribution board, another naza. Same problems.

I typically use WKM with 16" props. Anyone know if the NAZA can't be using with 16" props as they are advertise for smaller quads??? I tried different gain, didn't seem to help.

FerdinandK

That has nothing to do with the Naza.

Quad with Naza with 17" props:

X8 with Naza and 18" props

best regards
Ferdinand

Last edited by a moderator:

jascamera

Wonder are you on Naza v1, or v2? Also, can you share your setting? Been working at it for the past couple if month, changed also esc too. Not sure what's wrong. I am mounting the motors on the under side instead in top.

FerdinandK

I am flying various setups with 18", 17", 14" propeller based Naza V1, Naza V2, there is no noticeable difference between them. Also I am using various types of motors, Tigers, Multistar, rctimer 5010, ..., there is no "switch" inside the Naza that tells the FC, "uh, big copter, stop working". On all copter I start with gains at 180 180 130 150 80 80, and most of them still have these gains.

The only thing I do NOT use is ESCs with Simonk firmware, as I once could not get a copter to work with them.

Last edited by a moderator:

edswotaylor

I came across this thread because I was having quite a time with my F450 (Aimdroix extended framearms, 3508 kv 700 motors, and 1340 props) what I think the problem is, is that I had my gains set too low for the bigger props. this same exact setup flew great with 1045 props, but with the bigger props I mistakenly thought I should lower the gains to account for the greater available thrust. Now two wrecks and thankfully no major damage, I found that the DJI wiki page states that too low of gains will result in a copter that is very difficult to control. Hope this helps.

NAZA can perfectly handle large crafts. I am running it on a 82cm MTM hex and it is working fine. It had some wobbles but they were attributed to esc firmware and flexible props. I upgraded to BLHeli 11.0 and i am running on 11x6 HQPROPS now and its realy good...Take some time with your craft and the settings.
cheers
Nemanja

Chalagi

I run 15X5.5 props on my Tarot 810mm with the naza v2 and Arris 4110 380Kv motors without any type of throttle or power issues