Nab...

tstrike

pendejo grande
It was pretty cool meeting Rob from DJI, the guys and girls from Freefly and Quadrocopters, and the guys from PhotoHigher sharing a booth with MK. There was also a few single mom and pop booths and one poor fellow from Belgium whose octocopter was stuck in Memphis. Pretty funny moment when the DJI folks were getting ready to fire up the S800 and someone from the convention hall shut them down. Kimberly's booth was swamped all day with a great location, but the dude with the best gig was Jeff Scholl who was outside and could fly, he looked very mellow and happy. Anyway, lots of stuff to see (camera sliders were the big thing this year) met a few film buddy's from days of old, and had a pretty good time. I'm starting to get concerned though that prices are starting to get out of the realm of the little guy and those with aspirations of using these things as a tool to help make a living better have some deeeeeep pockets. Sorry about the shakey camera work, hope you enjoy and if there's anything in the video that any of the manufacturer's don't want in the vid, lemme know and I'll remove it.

Last edited by a moderator:

It all boils down to supply and demand... DJI has helped push the prices up for sure.

As the EU enters a 10 year economic crisis I doubt many companies will survive.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
tstrike whats your impression, from the gimbals which seems to make the best impression ?

Z15

AV 200 with the new Stabi

did you see the Heros on action ?

tstrike

pendejo grande
I'd have to say the DJI gimble with servo's seemed the most fluid although the new carbon fiber stuff from PH (wasn't hooked up to servos) was pretty darn smooth too. Really though I think it comes down to how it performs in the air with all the variables that entails.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
japp that for sure. It seems to me though that DJI has the finished product and the others or PH is still a little behind. Whatever it going to be exciting to finally test those things. And hopefully there will be a prive battle starting at some point that lowers the prices.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
It all boils down to supply and demand... DJI has helped push the prices up for sure.

As the EU enters a 10 year economic crisis I doubt many companies will survive.

I dont know look at the price you already have on Kits/ARFs or RTF builds. It just seems like that the development is more drifting towards manufactures having more of the margin and the vendors going to have a rougher time or explaining why the build service costs what is costs at the moment. Eventually they are going to battle themselves with the prices, its not like DW or CS frames weren't heavily overpriced with hexa frame kits starting at 1500$ . Of coarse RD costs but not when it comes to a reconstruction or already given form concepts etc.

Overall give it some time and the prices will tumble. When they start fighting for market share not even sure yet if its relevant to any of their strategical decision yet, but it will come the prices will fall.

Boris

Last edited by a moderator:

tstrike

pendejo grande
Yeah, DJI had the bigger booth (go figure) but you'll only be able to fly the current gimbal under their bird. Another thing that was on everyones lips (customers lips) was the whole FAA thing, nobody really could say which way regulations are going. One thing I didn't get in the video was the collapsable arms at the MK booth, kind of like a tripod leg that you twist and pull out, the arms fold up, also Kimberly had his parachute recovery system setting on the table, I didn't get much info on that although it's not set off by compressed air I'll tell you that.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Tstrike GET BACK IN THERE and film more.. what about the DW stand? Great vid..

Dave

Totally agree ! :)

DW was left out ! We need some more info !

Start asking question why they think ( whoever ) is better than their competitors could get funny :)

tstrike

pendejo grande
Alright, I guess I'll go again for a couple hours, if you force me (but the forum may have to buy the receipts for the beers I'll be buying). These guys are swamped at their booths so it's not like they can give me a sit down interview or something. The MK booth is mixed in with the PH booth and they're right on a busy corner, the DJI booth is way in the back corner of another hall, the Freefly and Quadrocopter gang are outside by the beer garden (sweet location until the afternoon when the sun is unrelenting) but they can fly their rigs. I think all these guys are overwhelmed by the interest and curiosity these things attract.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Aye Up tstrike.. go to DW and Grab Linda.. The Beautiful Tall Blond.. Give her a hug and tell her its from me.. she will then be butter in your hands and you will get a full interview for MRF..… ;-)

Dave

CineRebel

View attachment 3894

These cages looks very interesting as well ! I hope they will make them for skyjib with 14 inch props too !!!

just another safety tool to show to my insurance company!

Screen shot 2012-04-18 at 8.40.37 PM

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-04-18 at 8.40.37 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2012-04-18 at 8.40.37 PM.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 167

hoverben

Person of Interest
As long as you're going back into the fray (and for anyone else who may be there), check out the Teradek booth, where Al and Stacey are representing Hoverfly. They should have a SCRIPTA on display there as well as some demo reel.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
haha just checked out your new video. Whats with the zip-tie they mount the z15 with a zip tie at the moment ? :) oh man

tstrike

pendejo grande
Aye Up tstrike.. go to DW and Grab Linda.. The Beautiful Tall Blond.. Give her a hug and tell her its from me.. she will then be butter in your hands and you will get a full interview for MRF..… ;-)

Dave
I did meet her, I'm uploading her vid right now, she was a sweetheart and some very cool stuff and like the doofus I am I mistakingly referred to them as MK.
(wish I knew about the hug and butter and stuff before I left.)

tstrike

pendejo grande
haha just checked out your new video. Whats with the zip-tie they mount the z15 with a zip tie at the moment ? :) oh man
I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they'll have something a little more substantial holding your investment on with.

tstrike

pendejo grande
"As long as you're going back into the fray (and for anyone else who may be there), check out the Teradek booth, where Al and Stacey are representing Hoverfly. They should have a SCRIPTA on display there as well as some demo reel."

Man, I couldn't find you guys plus my pleeb like brain gets easily distracted by shiny sh#t. Sorry I missed you, the new clip by Juz using your board is pretty damn sweeet!