MultiWii / NAZE / SP Racing F3 Multiwii v2.0 Purchased

mrsand

Hello

I am new to this forum I have just purchased a 450mm Quad kit & the multiwii V2.0 flight controller. I have been flying planes for several years and also have living room copter. The kit is going to be a learn tool to develop the skills necessary for photo work in a year or so. I probably won't be buying any guidance equipment or cameras for a while. I will learn to safely fly the MR first. The quad parts are to be delivered in about a week. I intend to follow along and ask questions about the multiwii as I need too. The transmitter is futaba 7c 2.4 ghz.

mrsand

mrsand

Welcome mrsand :)

Thanks for the welcome -- Quadropilot

The quote below is a answer to Bartman's question in another blog about use of a FTDI breakout pin & a link to a site that sells them

The small FTDI circuit temporally plugs into the Multiwii FC board and allows a Graphical interface between the FC and a Computer through a USB cable...software can be added/initiated or program elements on the Multiwii can be changed or adjusted... there are quite a few available it seems from various companies

http://dx.com/p/ftdi-basic-breakout-arduino-usb-to-ttl-upload-tool-for-mwc-black-142041

I was wondering if anyone uses these small FTDI circuits to assist in setting up their Multiwii flight boards -- and if so is one better than another? I am not yet successful in arming the board. I am unfamiliar with Quad set ups so -- Thanks for any help/advice offered